• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Along the Migratory Box of Electonic Junk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,I just grabbed a few 'useful' looking items,and stuffed them in a box. There's a couple heat sinks,and a couple smaller SMPS's and a bigger SMPS,op-amps,class D amp drivers,some small chip-amps,a few white LED's,some 12V lamps that could make some good panel-lamp replacements,etc.

I can't get to the pile of transformers yet,it's buried on the other end of the room. :xeye:

I think this is the "Marquess of Queensbury" rules -- the parcel will be forwarded in order of responses. I already have the label made out for SY, he can pass it along as he pleases. There wasn't a Flat Rate Box at the Short Hills PO, but I expect to find one tomorrow in one of the adjacent burbs here in the Peoples Republic of NJ.

I hope you have better luck and cooperation with this then I had.

I designed a nice option for a particular new ATV last year.

Offered to send the design templates to anyone who wanted to build this for theirs. I made it clear that I would ship the drawings out once and then each forum member would ship them to the next guy.

I made up 5 sets of the drawings and sent all 5 out in every direction on my $8 per set. I also sent the addresses of the next members on the list they were supposed to pass then on to.

Out of the 5 original sets, only three were ever sent to the next guys. Out of those three remaining sets only one was ever passed along.

Next thing you know, I see on ebay an exact copy of what I designed being sold for $399. each.

With this idea here, I can see one guy getting the box and thinking, "Hey, this is some nice stuff to add to my collection"!
He will then swear he never got them or shipped the box out and it is lost in the mail.

As hard as we all might try to help out others, we all have to remember there is very little honor among friends and forum members you wouldn't know if you tripped over them at the mall!

Ebay is a prime example of this and for every 1 honest seller there are three scammers that spend every waking minute figuring out how to get over on you and the system.

I love the concept but I had a useless (to me) set of altec XOs that I offered to any forum memeber, (Not here) that wanted them. I even paid the shipping to the guy who spoke up with a need for them. Less then a month later I saw them on ebay with a Buy it now price of $125 and they sold. I know they were the ones I gave away--- serial numbers!

Gary

I know that I am a new member with little to show for the inquiry. But, I would like to get in to help jump start. Available for the box:

Vifa DX25TG-04
SS Amp transfos stripped from commercial boxes
LM3875's
Some X-over caps and coils
Some other misc caps, resistors, and what not

Let me know if I make the cut. May even throw in some P17-SJ's

Thanks,
From Eastern Maryland

Great!

Well, I also realized it's an "electronics" box...not a "speaker" box. Magnets get heavy.

In general, crabs are not doing well. And the gas/market speculators are driving the watermen out of business...could be the best thing for them...the crabs that is. But, we had some very nice #1's a few weeks ago. Procured through a friend...best we've had in a long time.

Let me know when my address is needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.