Oppo new UDP series players - 203/205 - Discussions, upgrades, modifications

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Warren,
Well, the LPS I have designed is based on an R core transformer (double shielded/grounded), which it can be preconfigured for 115v or 230v domestic AC standards (not switchable on the fly). It use a large heatsink which it dissipate through the bottom of the chassis (thermal pad connected). The overall heat dissipation is minimal, but it is however. Therefore a fan is added to the kit, and it function completely silent inside the enclosure. Even the 203 chassis it was not particularly designed for a good ventilation (not so necessary when an SMPS is inside), the fan it help to the temperature transfer (inside to outside). I have also improved the 203 chassis, providing ventilation windows on the side panels (new side panels installed), for a much effective ventilation. An adjustable DC regulator on LPS is dedicated to the fan functioning. Actually the main processor is the most important heat source inside, but in addition to the LPS dissipated heat and the heat from the audio board regulators, the working temperature of an 203 (LPS inside and unmodified chassis), it rise enough high. Therefore I have chosen to focus particularly on an good /effective ventilation for this player. Also the main processor lower working temperature it have positive impact over the video signals quality, in addition to the another improvements approaches.
Else, the DC main regulator of the LPS it use an remote current feedback loup, so to control the regulation based on what is measured at the terminal connection point (to main board), and through a particularly configured flat cable. In this way it is improved both the DC regulation and the noise level. Large capacities are used for post-regulator filtering caps. The flat DC connection cable is soldered on LPS board, and it have only an connection point (to main board). The LPS connector to the main board it also include additional HF filtering cells, and an dedicated DC regulator for providing supplementary DC line to circuitry inside main board (replacing an small SMPS on board, which it power the optical drive data processor). The terminal connector to the main board it also include control and power circuit for my clock board (clock system improvement). LPS it can also provide (at choice) power for audio board, if this is used. All diodes on board are Schottky.

Last edited:
Hi Coris,
I‘m using an OPPO 203 as well.
I would like to bring it to the best output standard for:
  • Video Content by HDMI, best picture
  • more important: Audio Multichannel SACD by HDMI into an AUDIOPRAISE, from there via DAC’s of Chord into my Audiosetup

Can you guide me?
Kind regards