ONKYO 10cm Full Range Speaker Project from magazine appendix Year 2021

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Fostex horns were designed for the FOstex drivers and have proven to be mediorc3 to poor.nandappe’s suggested horn looks like a semi-random nagaoka box choosen becaue it used some other 4”.

If you are going to try a random horn the FH3 likely offers the best chance of success and is much more tuneable.

dave

Fostex horns were designed for the FOstex drivers and have proven to be mediorc3 to poor.nandappe’s suggested horn looks like a semi-random nagaoka box choosen becaue it used some other 4”.

If you are going to try a random horn the FH3 likely offers the best chance of success and is much more tuneable.

dave
You forgot to consider the possibility that I am an incompetent carpenter... and I live in a pretty small place. This is just for the sake of fun. Just going to stuff this in whatever 4" box I have available.... [emoji6]

Oon

Firstly is where can we order a pair wonder if Amazon does include the speakers or just the book as its not clearly stated
I can't read Japanese but from what I understand from all the reviews, they show the speaker not the book. I think it is a situation where you buy the magazine, free the speaker driver. ...

In the following month version, you buy the magazine, free the double reflex box flat pack... strange but interesting way of selling things.. Normally happens to kid educational toys only. Maybe someone who understands Japanese can confirm this...

Amazon.co.jp

Oon

The Mook projects are normally a yearly event; the idea as I understand it was that you got a book / magazine with a pair of drivers. The book was sometimes in the form of a simple flat-pack you could put together and stick the drivers in, with extra plans / designs provided. Markaudio did the drivers for the past couple of years, and some of the extra designs were actually done by little old me; Onkyo as you can see were the supplier this year, but I assume the basic principle is the same. I don't know for certain though, so please don't take that as definitive. ;)

pelanj, you are correct.

First Amazon link sells a magazine with an included pair of Onkyo full-range drivers, second link sells a magazine with flat-pack double-bass reflex enclosure which is compatible with the Onkyo full-range drivers.

Note that the enclosure can be built as either a double-bass reflex or a conventional single-port bass reflex.