Offset voltage in Lang 20W class A mosfet amplifier

because it was a commercial arrangement with Selectronic and Selectronic did not respect its commitment, so I went through Jean Marc who sent me his files under Proteus and the address of the person who made the PCBs (very old school).
It's been twenty years since I assembled it

Reactions: 1 user
You got a nice set of PC boards for this project. :)
The only reason I will use my layout because I already has the plastic case power mosfets from Hitachi.
My layout is 100% finished, very soon I will have to etch PCB-s for other projects, a the same time I will do this one to.
Plan to test it with 24-25V DC rail voltage. I have some 20 VAC 650 VA toroidals at home.
3 pair power mosfet 1.5A biased to Class A it is plen

It will be a great satisfaction for you to build your own amplifier from step one to the last. Go for it. I wish you all the success in your effort.

Offset comes from resistance tolerances. I use resistors with 1% and 0.6W metal film and I have never had an offset over 3mV. And I see another anomaly that increases the offset. R4 + R5 = R1.
Building Elektor's AXL class A 2 x 16W some years ago, the editor have written clearly that if there is an offset voltage more than +-50mV, increase or decrease the resistors values of the differential amplifiers . That has been very boring to me, so When I matched the BC550 and BC560 in that circuit, the offset fell to 9mV. In all my projects i use 1% metal film resistors 1/2W from Vishay or dale. The offset voltage is not a matter of tolerance at all.

Yes I like to do that, total DIY. From PCB to the finish product!:cool:

I mentioned this to you, the Zenotron is the DIY version of the ProFet.

https://www.gods69.com/download/AUDIO/7480MM.pdf

I built my based on the original but I used only 17.5VDC rail voltage bias-ed into Class A . 1 A total bias.

It sounded great in a smaller room but in my living room it came out her weakness. The original can be bridged.

I gave up on her, perhaps too soon. My friend built it with 20V transformer and was happy with her.

Still have 4 stuffed PCB without the power mosfets. One day I may try it with a different PS (with a higher rail voltage).

One amplifier similar topology I strongly advise to take a look! I believe this is better that the ProFet or Zenotron.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/f5-meets-buzquito.162042/

Yes I like to do that, total DIY. From PCB to the finish product!:cool:

I mentioned this to you, the Zenotron is the DIY version of the ProFet.

https://www.gods69.com/download/AUDIO/7480MM.pdf

I built my based on the original but I used only 17.5VDC rail voltage bias-ed into Class A . 1 A total bias.

It sounded great in a smaller room but in my living room it came out her weakness. The original can be bridged.

I gave up on her, perhaps too soon. My friend built it with 20V transformer and was happy with her.

Still have 4 stuffed PCB without the power mosfets. One day I may try it with a different PS (with a higher rail voltage).

One amplifier similar topology I strongly advise to take a look! I believe this is better that the ProFet or Zenotron.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/f5-meets-buzquito.162042/
Thanks a lot for your recommendation. Good luck with your project.

sercan85

Having built both I can declare that Lang is slightly better and more powerful than AXL.
They have a very good sound both. There are surely some other amps that play better.
If you want to use the exicon mosfets, you must make a couple of modifications on the output circuit.
HerrFlick is the guy to ask as he has used them in his amps.
Cheers

Lang ampifier works on simulator perfect.
ac sweep test are showed, there are better phase line with 10uf input cap. I need to compare them on listening test.

resim_2024-03-16_114334869.png

Attachments

• resim_2024-03-16_115506320.png
    resim_2024-03-16_115506320.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 25
  • resim_2024-03-16_115618981.png
    resim_2024-03-16_115618981.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • resim_2024-03-16_115914356.png
    resim_2024-03-16_115914356.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: 1 users