• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Hi what happened with this project? I can send the gerbers to JLPCB and get myself a set of boards but I will have 4 spare. Has anyone already done this and has some boards left over perhaps? Alternatively are there 4 people who might want my surplus if I go down the fabrication route?

Hi what happened with this project? I can send the gerbers to JLPCB and get myself a set of boards but I will have 4 spare. Has anyone already done this and has some boards left over perhaps? Alternatively are there 4 people who might want my surplus if I go down the fabrication route?

See post #1 Thom, the GB is closed.

It's an excellent project and well worth the effort. - not sure how difficult the current silicon supply issues will make it to complete?

I'm considering to try this for a while.
I understand it is possible to buy assembled from a few suppliers, as long as you provide the project files. As I have zero experience assembling SMT, so that's the option I would go for.
Higher quantity can definitely drive costs down by a fair amount.
Maybe there's more people out there interested?
The problem I see is that the "hub user" needs to be located somewhere advantageous in terms of logistics / customs / taxes - not my case, being in Brazil.

Pavel, some of us are interested in your "Real prototype of the new version DSC2" but assembly issues are preventing most people from getting started with the project.

In order to construct the boards at the SMT assembly plant we need this extra data file mentioned here:

Pick & Place File for SMT Assembly - JLCPCB: Help & Support

I cannot make it from Gerber files, it would need to be created either by yourself in your PCB CAD software, or by me if you could provide the original project files.

I am happy to organise a group buy for assembled boards, logistics is my business and I can distribute boards around the world easily from my location in the UK.

I will prepare documentation for manual assembly of one of the latest DSC2 variants.
But I would like the DSC2 project to remain in DIY status.
Consider it my whim, but I don't want to publish the project for industrial replication.
On this forum, there was already a similar situation, when one user from China accused me of not providing him with the documentation for the factory replication of my other project "DSD'it".