OB "omni" experiment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could not find my measurement mic, but have some other mics that will do fine below 1 khz, so every above should be ignored.

Even though its not at all accurate, it's still easier to make adjustment than just using the ears.

This first simple measurement is with the speaker free from walls, and mic 1 meter away measuring the complete speaker.

Attachments

• Frekvens.jpg
    Frekvens.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 389
First of all it does what I hoped for. The sound is very even, not matter where I stand.
I have also a decent sound overall. There are no major artifacts even though the speakers are partly upfiring. The sound does come from a space around the speakers, and not from the ceiling or from behind.

I have to get a good mic before I make some serious listening, and I also plan to make some furniture adjustments to have these speaker placed more freely. It's open on the back so close to the walls is not good (I have tried).

See post #50 - It's open baffle so i did expect this. But listening to this combo, I begin to worry if I can get an even powerresponse. It's very good away from the speakers, but in between - in line with the speaker sittning on the floor, it's obvious that sound comes from woofer and fullrange - and not as one homogenous soundfield. Off course I'm sitting in a dipole null, but the woofers are also side firing and no doubt the cause for this negative effect. Thats why I would like to go lower with the fullrange.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Your idea is?

only one front woofer
one or two side woofer, I don't know
and one tweeter or fullrange, ofcourse

the idea/thrick is to design it so that different positions will be possible, depending of how you want it

meaning, different listening angles of the top mounted fullrange or tweeter

your speaker might have really great undiscouvered potential :scratch2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.