Now Playing + What are you listening to?

I never cared for Bitches Brew either, although the song "Sanctuary" is listenable, and kinda pretty even.

Coltrane's '66 and '67 stuff with Rashied is not for the faint of heart.

If you like Miles' Kind of Blue, check out his Someday My Prince Will Come. It's great music with really outstanding sound quality. Coltrane had left the band for a year and came back as a guest artist. His playing had grown by leaps and bounds in that one year - just amazing.

I LOVE Bitches Brew. I remember when I was young thinking that I just had exotic tastes. Until I went to Berklee and every other 18 year old owned a copy of the CD and had it with them.

To me it's more of a gutter funk album with a jazz process. Maybe it's the Hendrix influence that I liked because I have gone into phases where all I listened to was his stuff.

Well to me Fusion and Jazz are synonymous. I don't believe in genres outside of a means of organization or categorization. And I think of Jazz more as a process than it being made up of a set of aesthetic rules. I am more on the Brandford side of the argument I guess.

I am more inclined to dance to a funk beat than a traditional swing beat so I gravitate natually to that sort of Jazz.

might as well get back on topic

Now Playing:
Artist Name : The Roots
Track Title : UNIverse At War
Album Title : Illadelph Halflife
Date : 1996
Genre : Hip-Hop

Last edited:

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
If you like Miles' Kind of Blue, check out his Someday My Prince Will Come. It's great music with really outstanding sound quality. Coltrane had left the band for a year and came back as a guest artist. His playing had grown by leaps and bounds in that one year - just amazing.

Thanks for the pointer, I’ll look it up!
Kind Of Blue, Sketches Of Spain & the Nina Simone compilation Sugar In My Bowl are my favourite 'old school' jazz albums.
The first one is playing ATM........

Choosing my favourite Chopin nocturnes from my favourite tape-recorder.
I would never have thought that they will be a romantic composer's pieces between my favourites earlier. But if I could go back in the time, to Frederick Chopin I would carry some antibiotic, this sure.

Gyuri