Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Attachments

• suzzy and me.jpg
    suzzy and me.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 88
I'm listening to the latest Riverside, 'Love fear and the time machine'. The smoothest Riverside album to date, excellent! A mus buy this year.

Also discovered lately 'The Aurora Project', their first is ok, but their second one, Shadow Border is also excellent, for those that like Arena or IQ, very recommended. So good in fact that I just bought their 2013 album 'Selling the Agression', an other concept album.

Red Barchetta live in 1982.

Great Song.

Simple Minds - Reel to Reel Cacophony I didn't get this somewhat experimental second album when I was 14 and listening to their 80's commercially successful stuff. Now listening with an older head, it is groundbreaking. I need to have a listen to their post 80's albums, to see where they went after the limelight faded. The link is to the full album on YouTube, the sound quality is reasonably good, for YouTube.

At this very moment: 30 minutes of falling water sounds! I've got it on a continuous loop. I've been a fan of white noise type sounds since I was a wee lad. Motor noises, showers, electric fans, waterfalls, all I find very soothing. Strictly they are not white noise sources and tend to have more content at the lower end of the audio spectrum. White noise with a low pass filter provides a good approximation.

My all time favourite was the noise of a small DC motor amplified. See attached diagram as to how this was achieved.

There is a guy on YouTube who makes recordings of fans, lots of them in one case 64. Not sure how much of that was overdubbing. Anyway it would seem that there are others like me who are soothed by low end noise type sounds!

In terms of Real music listening, I'm still revisiting a lot of early Simple Minds stuff.

Attachments

• DC motor noise extraction circuit.jpg
    DC motor noise extraction circuit.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 66
At this very moment: 30 minutes of falling water sounds! I've got it on a continuous loop. I've been a fan of white noise type sounds since I was a wee lad. Motor noises, showers, electric fans, waterfalls, all I find very soothing. Strictly they are not white noise sources and tend to have more content at the lower end of the audio spectrum. White noise with a low pass filter provides a good approximation.

My all time favourite was the noise of a small DC motor amplified. See attached diagram as to how this was achieved.

There is a guy on YouTube who makes recordings of fans, lots of them in one case 64. Not sure how much of that was overdubbing. Anyway it would seem that there are others like me who are soothed by low end noise type sounds!

In terms of Real music listening, I'm still revisiting a lot of early Simple Minds stuff.
Noise can be interesting...I'm not sure that pure white/pink noise exists in nature.

Dan.

Noise can be interesting...I'm not sure that pure white/pink noise exists in nature.

Dan.

Thermal noise is present in all matter, I think. The intensity of it being proportional to the temperature of the substance. Obviously in non conductive matter it doesn't exist in the electrical sense but I expect there are other ways of observing and/or measuring this thermal agitation. As to whether pure white / pink noise exists in nature I have no idea.