• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NOTICE: Planet10 operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave update:

Ruth says he is much the same as when I left. Talking yes but limited. His coherence is suspect. His energy level is low. He is unaware of why he is there as there is no memory of any event.

He appears to be out of the woods for now and wiles away the hours in a private room with a TV. What's on the tube doesn't appear to matter yet as he's not able to take it all in quickly enough.

His visitors are very limited still as there just isn't enough of him to go around yet.

Ruth sounds like she remains strong but you can hear it in her voice - she wants her man back. Dave recovered from the dire part of this quickly and I think Ruth is saddened by the fact that this part of the recovery is not happening at the same pace.

Two good things though: Strong Dave and strong Ruth. I think it's just a waiting game.

Now that I'm back, I'll try and keep everyone in touch as often as I can.

Prayers for a speedy recovery and return to good health for Dave, and strength for him and Ruth as they go through this difficult time. Also Chris sorry about your wife's troubles this past year, and prayers and well wishes for you and her also. I saw this news about Dave some days ago posted in the site announcements section, but just came across this thread here tonight. Happy to read of recovery and a return to better health again soon!

Dave..

Dave - thanks - after a rough first 8 months or so, Sue has more than bounced back. Even after about three months on an ileostomy bag before her second surgery she was more active and fit than I've been for at least 10yrs, and now the difference is an embarrassment .
I'm doubly blessed with both her recovery, and that after 45yrs she's not kicked me out yet.

That's great news to hear Chris! Now you'll need to maybe ponder getting a pass to the nearest rec center, and work at getting the ol' bones moving so you can keep up to her for many years to come! So say's me who should be doing the exact same thing as well.. This getting older thing not so swell at times imo.. Lets all hope and pray for some more good news and better health reports for Dave headed his way soon. Take care.

Today Ruth is not able to visit as Dave is out of his room and it sounds like he is having an extended dialysis treatment. I will call again tomorrow and hopefully hear the news that he miraculously recovered and is being sent home. Failing that perhaps that he is continuing to improve albeit slowly.
Cheers everyone. Dave will be very proud of his friends and colleagues here at diyAudio when he rejoins us. Nothing like your buddies egging you on to get back into the swing of it.

Thanks for the updates as always guys. I try not to be hanging on the email etc. as it's about the last thing anyone would need right now. I can say with total honesty though that Dave, Ruth & everyone are never far from my thoughts. In addition to my own (for what those are worth) they have the prayers of Holy Trinity here in Hull, St Mary's on Lindisfarne and the monks of Caldey Island. I'm having a word with my friends from other faiths next. Love, peace, respect. Dave & Ruth give a lot of all those; it says much about them, and all their friends here, that that they are getting it back, by the cart load. :)

Latest update from Ruth is: mostly "no news is good news". More testing, and impending minor restorative procedures to debride and hopefully complete closeup of incisions at "donor" sites for arterial grafts. He had scribbled her out a note; not recognizable as his normal handwriting or making complete sense - Dave's close associates feel free to snicker at that - but still a very positive sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.