• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

North America Heat Sink Group Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gengis said:
The conrad heat sink has much thinner base, 8mm vs. 15.5mm on the Seifert heat sink, beside the shorter fins.

I plan to mill 3/8" wide lips for the top, bottom, and back plates. Much cleaner look.

Hey Gengis, beat you to it Ha Ha, as Nelson would say. :)

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• dsc00328 8x6.jpg
    dsc00328 8x6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 902
LineSource said:
dw8083,

I live driving distance to SF. Maybe we can do a mini-buy together. I was hoping to get a few KL-271 profiles for ~$50 + ship.

Is there a Conrad heatsink similar to the KL-271 profile? From their on-line catalog, the MF30-151.5 was the closest match I could find, and it only had 2" high fins. Much higher C/W.

There is also MF35 by 150 ;)

OK, I have a few requests:

1) This thread is for those interested in the Seifert heat sinks. If you plan to start your own purchase for another brand, please do so in another thread...

2) If you are no longer interested in the Seifert heatsinks, please update the Wiki accordingly.

I will be out of the country until June 6th. When I return, I'll contact those that are interested to arrange for payment and delivery.

Thanks!
Eric

Placing the order shortly

Hello Everyone,

This is just a reminder... I would like to place the order for our heat sinks shortly, but there are still a few payments that I have not received. When all of the payments have been received, I will place the order.

My paypal address is indicated in the wiki

thank you!
Eric

Gengis,

Glad to hear that they arrived in good shape! Its rather difficult to package something that weighs 50 lbs for a cross country trip...

The machining that you are talking about - are you cutting a groove across the tops of them for the top plate of the chassis that you mentioned earlier in the thread? Plenty of thickness to that back plate for cutting.

Eric

Any need for more Seifert heat sinks?

Gents...

I missed this group purchase, however I'm located close to Seifert and I'm going to purchase the KL273 heatsinks (200mm)

I'm looking to buy 2 to 4 sinks.

Anyone else that woud be interested in buying Seifert heat sinks?
Please let me know, I could pick them up locally!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.