New Stasis front end

all Stassisesss as Dodossess in Limbo?

:clown:
In limbo... certainly, but soon to be born again as a butterfly...

I've changed the internal layout, swapped the channel around so the FE is at the back, found a couple of bigger heatsinks for the FE boards and going to mount the transformer vertically once the proper mounting brackets turn up...then we are back in business...

all Stassisesss as Dodossess in Limbo?

:clown:

I’m making some slow progress, it’s been busy at work and with the Family, I’m trying to finalize the power supply…

Question for you folks, how do we calculate the Thermistor’s value to use for path to Ground? I see most of the folks use CL-60 but I’d like to understand why is that and if current rating or resistance is the deciding factor.

Thanks in Advance….

IMG_1696.jpg
IMG_1697.jpg

CL-60, or not

I’m making some slow progress, it’s been busy at work and with the Family, I’m trying to finalize the power supply…

Question for you folks, how do we calculate the Thermistor’s value to use for path to Ground? I see most of the folks use CL-60 but I’d like to understand why is that and if current rating or resistance is the deciding factor.

Thanks in Advance….

View attachment 970188
View attachment 970189

Alex,

Check out Mark's analysis of the CL-60 and his recommendation:
Not thrilled with CL-60 inrush limiter in USA/160W Class A First Watt designs

Dang! :headbash:
Thanks ZM!
Sorry Alex!

No need to apologize GnuB, I appreciate you chiming in, yes I was asking about the Ground to Chassis NTC application but that was a very interesting readout that you recommended, and well all thermistors I'm using in this Amplifier are Ametherm brand, excellent company with excellent support and costumer service, 100% recommended.

Amp finally built, biased at 210mA, and I managed tonight to run it up and do a little testing..

The last two traces are on a 8R dummy load. Both channels behaved the same.

Rail voltages are +/-35Vdc.

Bottom trace is amp output
SDS00025.png

SDS00026.png

SDS00032.png

Top trace in the amp output
SDS00041.png

The last two on load. Bottom trace is amp output
SDS00045.png

SDS00047.png

Last edited:
is that 210mA for complete OS, or is it 210mA per vertical pair ?

I mean, I'm just checking ......

graphs are looking cool

how it sounds?
210mV measured across a emitter resistor in the OS. Resistors are 1R, so 210mA.

No idea what power output that equates to, but the heatsinks and plenty toasty :)

And during the rebuild I spotted one NPN OS transistor I had forgotten to solder. All fixed now. I blame old age.

How's does it sound? I've not tried it yet, I have to lug it up two flights of stairs, it weighs a fair chunk, to wire it up to m'speakers. Hopefully tomorrow night, though I might sneak a listen first thing tomorrow morning. :)