• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New semi-custom metal chassis manufacturer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all -

I thought I'd let you know about a new vendor of semi-custom chassis that are perfect for tube amps. The photo is of an amp that I've been working on (PPP 5B/254M using my universal driver board - more details about that to come in a few days).

Landfall Systems (https://www.landfallsystems.com/index.php) made the chassis. It's VERY solid - I think you could drive a truck over it. And you can get any size you want. They start with 3 standard extrusions (which set the chassis height), and machine to your desired dimensions. They do a nice job of finishing and can also anodize or plate them.

I'm really impressed how this these turned out.

(I'm not commercially or financially involved - just a happy early customer).

Pete

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,978
Geeze Magz...is that a really big triode or are you just happy to post...
That really could be pretty...

It's about the size of a cookie jar. Hope to squeeze about 200W out of it. Spice says 218W with my present simulation. DHT, too.

I contacted the company linked above and they replied immediately (good sign). They are confident their enclosures can handle an amp weighing well over 100lbs. Good start...

I asked the guy at landfall how sturdy the enclosures were, and he sent me this picture of him standing on one foot on top of a 17"x12" enclosure - he weighs 150lbs.

I think that answers the question...thanks Pete!

Attachments

• Landfall Enclosures.jpg
    Landfall Enclosures.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,518
Pete -

Very nice!

I do have a question, do you think it's possible to paint the chassis, ie, would the panels fit after a coat of primer and color. It looks like you almost have to have the chassis anodized due to the very precise fit. No so much a down side, but curious about your opinion.

I just tossed 25 lbs of power transformers on my hammond prototype project box and kept thinking this is going into the trash as soon as I get the project working to pick up a pair of these chassis!

Thanks

Sandy

Hi, I'm Dave with Landfall Systems. In keeping with forum rules, we've started a thread in the vendor's bazaar to answer questions.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/229846-new-enclosures-diy.html

Pete -

Very nice!

I do have a question, do you think it's possible to paint the chassis, ie, would the panels fit after a coat of primer and color. It looks like you almost have to have the chassis anodized due to the very precise fit. No so much a down side, but curious about your opinion.

Thanks

Sandy

Not to speak for Pete, but the short answer is yes, we can accommodate that. Let's discuss in the vendor's bazaar if you'd like more details.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.