New project: 15PR400+HF108+BigOldRadial+HypexFA123

Thank you very much for this information, I will analyze it to understand.
Which speakers do you use with Faital 15PR400?
It is very difficult to make good measurements without reflections at home!
I already have a box for a DIY project, 113 liters closed or bass reflex for the woofer and 10 Liters Closed for the Medium treble
The cabinet is large in size for a DIY project (front side is 45cm X 96cm)
I wanted to start on a project based on Fusion Hypex, using the same drivers as the Faital 3 WC-15 (even if I would have preferred to filter the passive Tweeter)(My front panel is the same size)
Now I tell myself that maybe it is better to start from the Coax Seas seas c18en002 of which many presets exist (I will only have to modify them as needed) and add the 15 PR 400 with a cut at around 230 Hz.
What do you think?
thanks again

Last edited:
The 15pr400 really shines as a low mid driver. You could cross it higher to take advantage of that. Since you're going active experimentation is pretty easy. 300-400hz range might work out better with the coax driver.
Mine is a simple 2 way with a heil amt above. I cross @900hz.

The Heil is a dream !
It is true that to cut around 300-400 the 15PR400 is not the best choice. As I am prefer in sealed Box I think the 15N630 in 100 liters is more suitable! I look at the DSP file of the SEAS KingRO4Y Mk III which uses coax There are many EQs with boosts!!!
How much volume do you have for the 15PR400? Bass reflex ?
Do you use a Hypex?

For you there is no problem to use the 15PR400 in 110 liters with sealed enclosure
where is it better to leave them in bass reflex
For the moment my events are rectangular
28 cm high, 3.6 wide and 16 cm deep
I could adapt them but I have some doubts about the use of bass reflex speakers at home. I prefer the tight bass of closed boxes

Thanks !!!! Perfect
Hello, thank you very much, it's the perfect size. For the Beyma 15mc700ND which is cheaper (there is also the 14MC700ND). I have two options either 100-110 liters in sealed box or 70 liters bass reflex. For a Hifi listening probably the closed will be better But will this HP give me bass in such a small volume? it's a low medium speakers !
On "https://www.lautsprechershop.de" he advises 27 liters closed from 104/65 HZ (-3db/-8db) how much can I expect in 100 liters? I imagine that in active I can get what I want by boosting

Just from a rough comparison between both w/WinISD, it looks like the Beyma would need twice the EQ on the low end to match the Faital. Don't know what that means for distortion equivalence but I'd imagine the Beyma would be higher as a result. How much power do you anticipate using, ie. your SPL requirement?

The 15pr400 really shines as a low mid driver. You could cross it higher to take advantage of that. Since you're going active experimentation is pretty easy. 300-400hz range might work out better with the coax driver.
Mine is a simple 2 way with a heil amt above. I cross @900hz.
I cross my 15PR over at 400HZ and it is stunning up that high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its in a 150 Litre cab.

Reactions: 1 user