New project: 15PR400+HF108+BigOldRadial+HypexFA123

I sold my 15PR400. It was a vague experience, muddy and undefined midbass. I was spoiled after using the JBL K140 instrument speaker in the same 75L cabinet, 80-500Hz. K140 probably has a lot of distortion, but was more fun to listen to. Now building midbass horns instead.

hello,

where are you from your speakers? did you get a good result?
if so could you share your EQ hypex Filter or a screenshot of your bidquad?
hi guys,
After reading a lot of information on this great forum I've started a project to build some big speakers for my upstairs listening room.
I want to experience the effortless effect of big speakers cruising along on living room listening levels.

Requirements:
  • 15" woofer in a closed box
  • Big horn with small compression driver to reach as low and high as practical
  • Active system because I love the flexibility of DSP

Choices:
  • the woofer was simple, Faital Pro 15PR400 gets almost universal praise for use in a two way on this forum
  • I found some big old cast bi-radial horns on our local 2nd hand website, brand is unclear, could be Vitavox. The throat size is a very strange 41mm or 1 3/4", I'm having an adapter 3D printed after getting advice from this forum (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mul...ng-throat-adapter-hf108-vitavox-biradial.html)
  • Compression driver will be Faital Pro HF108, mainly after reading the good results forum member Legis is getting with them in his project: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/357825-shadow-colossus-build-thread.html (Faital Pro is relatively affordable here in Europe)
  • DSP and amplification will be one off the well known Hypex Fusion plate amps, I choose the FA123, plan is to bridge 2 channels to get 250W + 100W (8 ohms)
  • Dimensions were chosen starting from the horn which is 62cm wide, height is 80cm because it looked nice, depth is just 31.5cm. This results in the HF108 sticking out of the enclosure which enables experiments with a bigger rear chamber
  • A Linkwitz transform will be used to eq the low cutoff.

I will use REW and a calibrated ECM8000 microphone to measure the response of both drivers and use these to decide were to put the crossover frequency.
I'm hoping to find a point where the directivity of of both drivers is more or less the same, while still not pushing the tweeter too low.

I hope to start measuring in a few weeks, I will post the results.
For now I've attached some photo's of the project.

kind regards, Peter
hello,

where are you from your speakers? did you get a good result?
if so could you share your EQ hypex Filter or a screenshot of your bidquad for tve 15pr400 in 100 liters sealed !