New Monoblock chassis (sets!!!) from Modushop

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Excellent news! Very excited to see this and it's quite timely as I was struggling with trying to find monobloc chassis' for winter amps.

Where to put all those extra amps? Underneath the new ones of course. How else do you keep the new ones off the floor? Same with speakers. I am using Frugalhorn as speaker stands for my bookshelf speakers. It's the ingenius way to make sure I continue to be allowed to live in the house and not banished to the garage by the lovely clutter police.

Also Metric screws (e.g. M3) for the top and bottom cover would be nice (as VFET chassis) instead of the self threading screws.

Yes, we plan to have the covers of these chassis use countersunk screws. If the idea of the "internal cage" is good, we may use this for the Dissipante chassis too so it would allow us to use the same screws and solve the issues some users have found when mounting the brackets

I do like the look better of covering the front of the heat sink with the front panel. 400mm is longer than I would like. 300mm is my max depth for an enclosure. May limit some amp choices, but we will see.

On my monoblocks I built them with 2 heat sinks in a 4U 330mm wide and 300mm deep mini Dissipante enclosure. I could run just one amp or both for biamping. I am constructing it out of parts from Modushop and a wood front panel of my own construction. I am using a 2U 330mm x 280mm enclosures for the power supply underneath it. Would be nice if the Galaxy size would come at 300mm depth to match the amp depths on the mini dissipante enclosures. The extra 20mm could be useful.

Hey! I was going to write Gianluca about a possible mini dissipante 4U/300 for my pair of F4 to use as balanced monos but this looks even better!

However, the lack of UMS heatsinks would be a deal breaker for me.

Ideally for option 1-2 one would like a small front and blind back panel. For option 3 a large front panel and pre drilled back panel.
GianLuca indicated to me they had started down the path of a 4U/300 mini-Dissipante available in the Modushop store but only got as far as some prototypes. He never explained why they didn't bring it market.

Out of the exchange, he did dig me up 2 sets of face and back plates, enough to make some mini monoblocks with the 4U UMS heatsinks and mini-Dissipante top and bottom plates. Not sure if there are more or if enough interest is expresses, Modushop would make it an available item (or explain why they didn't).

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I made a 4U 300 MiniDissipante for my F5 (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/pictures-of-your-diy-pass-amplifier.166784/post-6691172) with customization help from Gianluca. It’s a great chassis. But this new even narrower 4U chassis option is very interesting. I like the updated internal cage framing. I, too, would prefer 300mm depth (and a 3U option), but I understand the ever increasing heatsink requirements of the space heaters Greedy Onez are building. Nevertheless, I believe this new offering will be a hit for diyAudio members.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
GianLuca indicated to me they had started down the path of a 4U/300 mini-Dissipante available in the Modushop store but only got as far as some prototypes. He never explained why they didn't bring it market.
So it seems there is interest after all...

I made a 4U 300 MiniDissipante for my F5 (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/pictures-of-your-diy-pass-amplifier.166784/post-6691172) with customization help from Gianluca. It’s a great chassis. But this new even narrower 4U chassis option is very interesting. I like the updated internal cage framing. I, too, would prefer 300mm depth (and a 3U option), but I understand the ever increasing heatsink requirements of the space heaters Greedy Onez are building. Nevertheless, I believe this new offering will be a hit for diyAudio members.
Nice! Gianluca, do you mind to chime in? Will a mini dissipante 4U/300 with UMS heatsinks become a regular product or stay as custom order?

Or I guess the ZM modular 4U/400 will be the one to rule them all?

Thanks everyone for your opinions. A couple of things to keep into consideration:

- If we had to make a front panel which covers the whole surface of the heatsinks we would have to make 3 different models: one for the chassis with no heatsinks, one for the chassis with a single heatsink and one for the chassis with heatsink. They would have to be black/white for a total of 6 panels which would be a bit too much if we consider there could be more models in the future. The front panel we have now would be suitable for all the 3 models and we plan to make it flush with the covers.

- The MiniDissipante 4U/400 is a chassis we had originally designed but never really sold. We still have some parts left in our warehouse and it could be simply added on our store without any issue since it's all already there.

- As always, if there is enough interest for different models we can take that into consideration in a second moment

- We have also designed an inner baseplate which we plan to sell together with the chassis once we start producing them

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Take all options in consideration, then just inform us what's possible in nearest future, and what can be done if there is an interest

I'm content with whatever you present us

in fact - I think that you can go with just 2 iterations for front plate - first one wide enough to cover heatsinks on both sides (same can be used for one-side-heatsink too) and second one to cover width of heatsinkless case

if you want to go with just one - just make choice between presented and one wide enough to cover two heatsinks

I'm happy, whatever outcome is