New Markaudio Drivers

It is kinda ugly. But we’re looking at a 2D slice (the on-axis) of a 3D sound field. There is a good chance the dip is local to on-axis and fills in off axis, and the opposite with the peak.

We’ll here them soon :^)

dave

Seems like it would need to be excessively toe'd in to do much with the dip, but then a lot of really popular speakers/studio monitors [vintage anyway] have a similar dip presumably because around A440 is the prime source for 'mud', i.e. adds too much 'fullness', so frankly hope it won't remove too much of it.

GM

its interesting to compare specs

9N8F7ka.jpg

With Mark interested in treading lightly with use of the earth's resources that is highly unlikely. And it would push the cost to a silly level for no benefit.

Do you think we could possibly see him producing Neodymium drivers? The motor structure could be made smaller for the same sort of power. A bit less metal usage, but Neodymium itself isn't very "eco friendly". I think I remember an experiment on one of the smaller MA drivers.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There is a significant difference in Qt between these divers… the much higher Q of the A7ms means it will need a larger box despite the lower Vas.

Scott is designing big boxes for all of these, but like the P7 & P11 (13/9 l)the A7ms has a larger optimal miniOnken (11 litres), vrs A11ms (9 litre). A miniOnken alignment looks for a very specific shape of the box HP filter (ie simulated FR).

The A7ms also has a slignthly lower F10.

dave