New Markaudio Drivers

I was thinking of the super ferrite. I will be missing low end, but probably fix that with a sub. I also noticed the very big difference with their alnico drivers. They say they are more smooth and go lower. But thats probably the weeker motor. Qts goes even more than dubble seems to me that smoother meens slower, less detailed.
Dont really see the advantage of the alnico's vs ferrite.
Interesting. The alnico's probably be a better match to my amp (220watt class d). Maby i will look at the 8 inch.
Or go in a different direction..

Acoustic Elegance has some nice speakers, for example TD6M or others in the same serie, maby interesting??

Get better soon Dave!

Fingers are itching to make a new project. Loving the fullrange experience so far. (I need a new fix hahahah)

Is there a omni alpair 7ms bookshelf? One driver in front, one towards the sky?

That should be also very interesting. I'm also talking to Louis from Omegaloudspeakers, he can build a pair of omni super 3 high output.

Would be nice to have a smaller footprint, wider soundstage

From what I have learned so far with my 4 MA-based builds (namely A7.3, A10M, A10P, 7MS, all pensils), their character is pretty much following the charts, they are precise enough to at least figure out the differences between drivers. For that, 11ms would be much brighter than 7ms. Is it good or bad depends on your preference, I would say that 7ms would be more 'soft' and 'natural' sounding while 11ms would appear more 'detailed' and 'revealing'. Personally, I'm not going to actually build anything 11ms based, as 10P is still my preferred choice for a bigger driver. And I'm really enjoying 7ms compared to A7.3. YMMV as always.

I'll try my best though for non-native speaker it's even harder ) Anyway long story short 7ms is just more natural sounding to me. Part of it is because of less-pronounced higher frequencies sometimes making A7.3 more piercing than detailed compared to 7MS, another part is its better low-end extension and uniformity (probably less distortion as well) in lower-mid and midbass spectrum parts making it sound warmer and smoother especially when bass notes (e.g. double-bass) are prevailing. Also, there is much pronounced stage depth, you almost feel the infinite space behind the speakers (with appropriate recordings and amp, of course). Imaging is better. And I'd say that specified warm-up period looks underestimated, it just gives less noticeable improvement after hundreds of hours but it is definitely there (or it might be my ears are getting more sensitive with more calm-sounding speakers, I dunno).
In general, 7.3 vs 7MS is very similar to A10M vs A10P difference - I like latter more both times, for the same reason - less fatiguing, more natural sound. And 7MS probably has a slight edge over A10P for the stage depth and imaging. Still, I believe some people would prefer brighter ones, that's why A7.3 has really became a legend and sort of a benchmark. But still A10P is the most pricey one of the 4/6 MA bunch at Madisound, that's probably for a reason ))

All pensils except for 10P were the same (18mm MDF), 10Ps are 18mm plywood. First A7.3 I've made from plywood but was not really satisfied with quality of my craftsmanship so I re-did them with CNC-cut MDF, haven't noticed any sonic difference TBH. I'm listening mostly to funk, electro swing, acoustic jazz/ECM, female vocals, some jazz/prog/classical rock, brass bands, electronics, some classical pieces... all sorts of stuff generally except for disco and heavy metal ))

Hi all,

Do you think there would be commercial interest in a FAST/WAW system, with a lower active box with woofer(s) using Hypex Fusion modules and high quality drivers (Satori's), and a choice of full range units on top, running filtered. These could be the new Mark Audio ones, or higher priced variants from Liio or Cube, to suite a range of price points and requirements.

My thinking is it would be an out of the box system, ready to play (pre-eq's flat) with whatever source you would want, but would allow you to upgrade the full range if needed without replacing the active element, and allow a level of tweaking to suite most diy-ers.

Could be made as affordable as something like the new KEF wireless LS50, but hopefully with much better all round performance.

I just built a set of these so at least relevant for me. :)

Realized that I can make the top part flexible and replace the full range driver at some point if I want to test another, as long as main parameters stay reasonable. Loving the Alpair 10.3 sound at the moment but interested in some other Markaudio or Tangband alternatives.

Might even replace the subwoofer parts at some point or add Minidsp but even now it gives me almost flat response between 20-80hz so can't ask for much more.