New Markaudio Drivers

Got mine today, thanks Stefan!!!

Should have some proper thoughts by sunday...

First customers should start receiving thier drivers tomorrow so we should learn what others think fairly soon, assuming any of them want to post on here ��

Attachments

• IMG_9473.jpg
    IMG_9473.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 886
graham, hope you enjoy them. If you continue your adventures with fullrange drivers, and unless you’ve already convinced yourself by direct personal experience as opposed to heresay, id suggest you give B B ply a try - on small enclosures such as yours posted for the A7s, even as thin as 12mm can work well with minimal bracing.

I'm sure I will, thanks!

Yeah, I had a chat with the guy at the joiners when I picked up my 18mm MDF a week or so ago. He has Lithuanian B/B/B (???) ply which is the same quality as BB, he says. I bought a 14"x14" scrap piece 18mm BB to have a little go at routing some test holes etc to see how working it would differ so I am open to it! It appears lovely quality with the top layer being a nice veneer.

They don't stock 15mm Birch ply which would be my preference if I did use it as I figure I wouldn't need to brace?

graham, hope you enjoy them. If you continue your adventures with fullrange drivers, and unless you’ve already convinced yourself by direct personal experience as opposed to heresay, id suggest you give B B ply a try - on small enclosures such as yours posted for the A7s, even as thin as 12mm can work well with minimal bracing.

Graham - for smaller drivers and boxes even 12mm (1/2”) Baltic Birch can work very well when properly braced. FWIW on our little island (Vancouver), we can find this material in Birch the goofy 5x5 and 4x8 sheets from various European sources besides the Baltic States, and some that come with crates labelled “Russia” - of course that’s a “country” with a history of very elastic boundaries over the past century, or even recent decades.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Only had 15 minutes play in time but I can honestly say these are amazing. Massive sound, amazing stereo image. I can't wait til they are burnt in!!!!!

That is very exciting to hear Graham, please keep your impressions coming :)

My 11MS have arrived today, I’m looking forward to getting home from work & seeing them in the flesh.

Mario- one for sure advantage with the Pluvia and new MS series is the elimination of need for rebating for flush mounting. I’d go at least 1mm over the drawings’ spec’d dimensions, and of course with the very shallow cone profile that is a key feature of the MS models, chamfering of the rear of through hole is mandatory. On my quick MLTL build, I didn’t have time to wait to have the drivers in hand to confirm spacing of basket support legs, so I ran the bevel around the full circumference. Considering the gross weight of these drivers, with good BB ply and pre-tapping for the supplied screws, I doubt there are measurements that could show the structural integrity is compromised with this technique.