New Here and think I want to hear Valve Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Haven't you ever had ringing in the ears after an audio event? I get it when leaving the movie theater these days, especially action movies. They seem to get louder each decade.

It seems humans are most sensitive to the loudness around 2K, but I think the ear ringing is more due to very loud low frequency. Anyway, when you know how loud it is, it is always too late. :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
As I expected, the source is your own mind. IOW, in your own mind, ""Real" does not have any variance at all. It is our reference. Sounding different in differing spaces does not diminish our conception of reality. We're fully capable of recognizing what we're hearing regardless of the room acoustics and I mean the effects of such. We don't need to hear artificially produced music in a hallway to intuitively know what that should probably sound like."
OK, fine.

In which room or setting?

I thought I was talking about recording room. Why are you keep omitting the importance of room? The only reason I can think of is that you don't understand the value of room acoustics. Let me guess, you've never seen the frequency response of the room where your audio is set up, right?

Have you ever done any recording and or mastering to use it as play back source? If not, have you ever talked to someone who's done it at pro level? If not, I'd suggest that you do. There's a lot of good info to digest.
It's the gear that achieves a sense of audible 'realness', not the room. It doesn't matter how you color the elephant. If the gear has the necessary attributes, the result will always be what the designer intended, more or less. More is better, obviously. But if the gear does not possess the performance needed, the room means nothing when your after a mini me.

It's the gear that achieves a sense of audible 'realness', not the room.
You must not have listened to high-end speakers (> $10K) in a room with poor acoustics like I have. Otherwise you wouldn't make such statement.
It doesn't matter how you color the elephant. If the gear has the necessary attributes, the result will always be what the designer intended, more or less. More is better, obviously. But if the gear does not possess the performance needed, the room means nothing when your after a mini me.
It's the other way around. BTW, typical DACs, preamps, amps and cables on the market already have necessary attributes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.