New Here and think I want to hear Valve Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I just did Google search on "what is L C R in cable" and resulted "About 7,840,000 results (0.51 seconds)". It's time you start helping yourself with info instead of expecting to be spoon fed. :rolleyes:
Come on now, you can type in a link can't you? It's easy. Just click on the little ball in the tool bar. We would love to read your selection;)

Whither the OP?

Gee, fellas, anyone noticed there were only 3 posts in total by harley in this thread, with very few of the over 150 others directly answering what I took as original question(s) : I think I might want to listen to a tube amp, do you “experts” think that’s worth my time, and what’d be the most practical /affordable way to achieve that?

On an audio forum as in life writ large - Careful what you ask for.

I just did Google search on "what is L C R in cable" and resulted "About 7,840,000 results (0.51 seconds)". It's time you start helping yourself with info instead of expecting to be spoon fed. :rolleyes:

But how all that results are related? :D

Discopete, you are tainting the innocent. :no:

Innocent in spreading a nonsense? :D

Nobody is, even if unintentionally.

Gee, fellas, anyone noticed there were only 3 posts in total by harley in this thread, with very few of the over 150 others directly answering what I took as original question(s) : I think I might want to listen to a tube amp, do you “experts” think that’s worth my time, and what’d be the most practical /affordable way to achieve that?

On an audio forum as in life writ large - Careful what you ask for.

Why did you ignore then my offer to listen to one of my amps, if you really want to?

Why don't you PM the OP if you are that curious about him?
Did it ever occur to you that the reason why there are very few answers is because there are only very few answers on this old technology called valve?

...Innocent in spreading ...
Usually we consider low order evenharmonics to be quite benign and does little harm to the general acoustic presentation, but trying to reduce that level by a simple push-pull topology as Discopete did may transform the residual into nasty higher order dynamic spectrum. I get a strong hunch your nested feedback loop can do some good here. :D

Why did you ignore then my offer to listen to one of my amps, if you really want to?

Well, there’s two factors at play:
As wonderful as your amps might very well be, how readily accessible would they be for someone interested in giving them a taste test;
After over 50yrs in the audio sandbox, and almost 20yrs of various DIY adventures, my personal needs have changed, and I’m no longer particularly interested in any further chasing after that brass ring - so thanks, it no thanks.

Why don't you PM the OP if you are that curious about him?
Just might do that
Did it ever occur to you that the reason why there are very few answers is because there are only very few answers on this old technology called valve?
Not that you’re likely to give a rip about my thoughts on that point, if I suspect these fora are replete with folks who’d agree to disagree with you there.

Usually we consider low order evenharmonics to be quite benign and does little harm to the general acoustic presentation, but trying to reduce that level by a simple push-pull topology as Discopete did may transform the residual into nasty higher order dynamic spectrum. I get a strong hunch your nested feedback loop can do some good here. :D

Exactly. :)
My nested feedback does similar sound from cheap modern pentodes to very expensive vintage specially crafted triodes, plus some other advantages. :)

And indeed, I do not care of reducing inaudible distortions for measurement sake because such reductions most often increase most audible distortions. :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Exactly. :)
My nested feedback does similar sound from cheap modern pentodes to very expensive vintage specially crafted triodes, plus some other advantages. :)

And indeed, I do not care of reducing inaudible distortions for measurement sake because such reductions most often increase most audible distortions. :)
By all means lets keep it to a minimum:nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.