New Aleph Mini Parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the topic of heatsinks... Anyone looking for A30 heatsinks, should really checkout Conrad heatsinks. Their overseas shipping costs were less than 1/2 of the domestic costs, and the heatsink prices are excellent. They are also powder coated rather than anodized, and they will not turn purple over time.

Here's a link to the quote I received.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=657477#post657477

-David

Re: Looking for matched sets of IRFP240

joster said:
Anyone have any matched sets of 6 from the group buy or otherwise, that they are willing to sell?
Or, if you know where I could get some.

Thanks

I can send 6 if anthony send's 6.. Stupid post office workers stole your fets..
GRR

Late parts

I just received my today though it was sitting in the local post office for about 2 weeks. At least for me, Jason's shipping instructions required a signed receipt with an adult present. The Post office evidently tried to deliver it on 6/29 but no one was home (as is common during the week). They may or may not have left a note on the 29th but my wife did not find the small note requesting a signiture until last Saturday afternoon after the PO had closed. I signed the slip and left it for the mailman but I finally had to go to the post office today to pick up the package.

So it is at least possible that some of those missing parts may find the package at their local post office.

Perhaps Jason if you are crazy enuf to volunteer for something like this again, at least for me, don't require a signiture for the package to be delivered.

- Phil

Re: Late parts

Phil K said:
I just received my today though it was sitting in the local post office for about 2 weeks. At least for me, Jason's shipping instructions required a signed receipt with an adult present. The Post office evidently tried to deliver it on 6/29 but no one was home (as is common during the week). They may or may not have left a note on the 29th but my wife did not find the small note requesting a signiture until last Saturday afternoon after the PO had closed. I signed the slip and left it for the mailman but I finally had to go to the post office today to pick up the package.

So it is at least possible that some of those missing parts may find the package at their local post office.

Perhaps Jason if you are crazy enuf to volunteer for something like this again, at least for me, don't require a signiture for the package to be delivered.

- Phil

Signature.. Now do you really think i have time to request such a thing :D that is there end not mine.. I just sent it and asked that they quit opening them and removing parts : O )

Another side note im doing another Aleph mini group buy and board again.. Rev2.0 will be smd and smaller psu board with less caps same circuit but less caps example instead of 6 caps it will be 4 or 2 but the caps will be 40k or 33k each.. Ill be doing 2 baords one smd and one through hole.. Id like to build the smd one's for my self and for any one that is interested.. I certianly like the ones i have Rev .1 from briangt. The ones that inspired me to start this whole thread.

J

Signature Slip

I have not received my parts and I just saw Phil's post - I think it all makes sense now.

I have asked the post office to hold all my mail from 6-29 to 7-15 while I'm on vacation. I just got back from vacation today and I've picked up all my mail from the post office .... but no parts or signature slip. I asked Jason if the parts are being shipped back to him. Since the answer is no, I hope the postman is still carrying the signature slip in his pocket because I don't see it on my door or from the mails that I picked up today.

As suggested by Jason, I'm going to call the post office on Monday to find out if the postman still has the signature slip or if the parts are still in the post office. If the post office is giving me the run-around, does anybody have any suggestion of how to track that package down?

FCEl i to will call teh post office and see what i can do.. the bad part is i lost all the recepts fromt the biggening to the 24th. :( the bag that had them in it got tossed out some how either from me or the gf no blaming here but it happens. and 99% of those people all recieved there packages just not your's.. If in any event i will creat you a new package and see what we can do..

J'

Jason,

On my end, I have called the post office yesterday. They told me that since I don't have the tracking number, they can't help me.

Today, I went down to the post office and spoke to the lady at the front counter. I asked her to help me try finding the package at the "back room". After 5 minutes, she came back & told me that there is no package for me.

She did make a suggestion though and this is where I hope you can help me out. She suggested that since you lost the tracking number/receipt, you can go down to the office and fill out a tracer - basically filling out when you have sent the package, who you sent it to, etc. She said this is the only way the post office will proceed to trace the package.

Please keep me posted. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.