• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or we're talking about different things or we're saying the same thing and we don't understand that it's so... :confused:

Do we agree that the two AC from the image are AC1 and AC2? (to me it seems so)

I'm saying that the GND from the two secondaries series goes to both PGND on the MyRef and chassis.

If you're sayng that that GND goes to chassis and that PGND goes too to the chassis we're talking about the same thing, it's so?

If not can you precise your point?

Ah yes, we were talking about different things as I'm used to using PeterD's type of bridge :)

AHHHHHH! it's getting worse not better LOL! I am just a stupid man,

The AN-2225 has two Primary and two secondary windings. knowing that,

What gets wired to AC1, AC2 and PGND please?

I use 25V dual secondaries, wired exactly as your diagram you posted earlier. So I have Red+Black and Yellow+Orange pairs on my trafo. I joined Black and Yellow and connected to PGND on the pcb. I will add that I haven't cased my amps up yet (still on a board). Anyway, we are using the same approach, I think. One trafo, one MyRefC board. Classic monobloc.

I wonder if it might be appropriate to prune some of this thread to leave the definitive trafo connection method???

Cheers

Jon

I apologize for not being more specific. PPCblaster has an Antek transformer with dual 120v primaries and dual secondaries. That's what I was describing, and exactly how he or anyone else using Antek transformers should hook them up. The rest of you should ignore my post.

Andrew's advice to use a safety bulb tester is excellent, as usual. It takes a few minutes to construct and can be used again and again on all stages of all projects involving mains voltage, and can save you or your equipment from damage.

The rest of you who offer suggestions about connecting to mains must know that some of these builders are absolute beginners and might not understand all this stuff about primaries and secondaries, center-tapped, etc. and how to distinguish one from another or attach them. Confusion plus mains equals danger. If you can, make your instructions more easily comprehensible to someone who might not know a transformer from a door knob. A drawing showing windings and dotted lines and voltages means nothing to a beginner faced with a mysterious heavy object with different color wires sticking out of it and lots of electricity going into it, hopefully coming out of it in the right way. I was trying to make my instructions basic enough for such a person, but they are useful only for that one very popular brand (or type) of transformer. I didn't mean to mislead anyone else.

Peace,
Tom E

Just to be sure

Just to be sure, CliveFreman has posted this diagrem of the Antek AN-2225.

Is this the correct transformer wiring for each MyRefC board?

Attachments

• ClaveFremen trafo wiring.jpg
    ClaveFremen trafo wiring.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 232
How about the transformer that Uriah sold on his site ? I suppose the two whites are the primary, red-yellow are one secondary blue-black are another. I really don't want to power it up until I'm 100% sure. Also if I'm correct would I tie, say, yellow-blue together to to make the center tap?

How about the transformer that Uriah sold on his site ? I suppose the two whites are the primary, red-yellow are one secondary blue-black are another. I really don't want to power it up until I'm 100% sure. Also if I'm correct would I tie, say, yellow-blue together to to make the center tap?

Doing the continuity measurements madisonears suggested it looks like the black and blue wires are the same and then the red and yellow wires are the same on the transformers Uriah sent. It looks to me like the two white wires should be hooked to the mains, the blue and red wire should be tied together and used as ground, then the black is one AC input and the Yellow is the other.

I'm kind of new at this so you might want to double check with others before you power on.

General question: Is it really possible to destroy a transformer? I mean they are just iron and wires, I could see electrocuting yourself or destroying equipment if you hook it up wrong but how can you hurt the transformer?

Weather is detoriating so a chance to spend some time on the new arrivals.
Being one of the lucky ones with both PRP and Shinkoh resistors a final check and some questions:

-Positions are R10 (390) and R12 (3k3) and not R37?
-Alternatives are switches or soldering in and out. Would a switch detoriate the effect of such nice resistors?

Anyone alternative options for switching the resistors in and out?

Thanks

Michiel

Another Can of Worms

This board has 3 ac inputs, AC1, AC2 and PGND.

can I use a dual 24/25vac transformer, if I do what goes to PGND?

Or do I need to series wire a 12X12 and use the tie as png?

This is my original question,

the final answer posted is CliveFreeman's answer verified by Jon to be a center tapped series connection.

If we need 24/25 vac to each MyRefC board, What Primary voltage transformer

do we select to get the correct output voltage when the secondary’s are wired in series?

My original 12 X 12 wired in series results in 24vac to AC1, 0v to PGND, and 24vac to AC2.

If I am correct the AN-2225 When wired in series will result in 50vac to AC1 and AC2.

What is the correct ac voltage to apply to each MyRefC board?

Thank you

Attachments

• ClaveFremen trafo wiring.jpg
    ClaveFremen trafo wiring.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Secondary Diagram.jpg
    Secondary Diagram.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 234
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.