• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (fifth run)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dario,

I've been looking closely at the picture of the boards and was reminded that you added C21 as a bypass film cap for C9. Do I remember correctly that you recommend against using C21 when using a Blackgate, either FK, NX, PK, or STD? Is this primarily useful with the Nichicon FG or do you like with most caps?

By the way, I noticed that Parts Connexion has dropped it's price a bit on the Blackgate PK caps. It's down to $2.37. I guess there were not many takers at more than $4.

Jac

Hi Olivosunlight,

Check post 1972 on the My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build Thread and Tutorial.

It's under "Chip Amps" in the Amp section of forums. Dario has come up with an alternative part number for the BAV99w in answer to a question from Davym.

Also, you will find that you can still find Caddock MK132's at Parts Connexion. A little closer to home, HiFiCollective has the 100kOhm MK132, but not the 200R. Also they are a bit more expensive than Parts Connexion. You might check around other suppliers in Europe.

Meanwhile, I've been busy inventing some new projects that will need an FE to power them. Dario, I know it won't be soon, if ever, but I'm hoping there will be another board buy at some point. When that happens, put my name first on the list for a pair of boards.

Jac

Hi Jac,

Thanks for your tips, I will try.

MN

Mouser say the ON semi transistors for T1, T2 and Q1 are going out of production, might be worth stocking up. I got MK132 from parts connexion during their 20% off sale but they are getting expensive, wonder if Amtrans AMGR is worth considering. btw did I ask that already somewhere? if so sorry :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.