• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (fifth run)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IS this a good project to get in DIY ? I've already soldered components, including smd.

If it is then count me in for 1 kit :)

DrizztDO,

It is an excellent amp and you can't beat the support from this group, especially Dario. Plus Dario made an excellent step-by-step build guide.

As for delaying the closure of the group buy, I support it. It seems like there is always someone who just misses the end of a group buy. I'm in no rush with a busy work season.

Jac

IS this a good project to get in DIY ? I've already soldered components, including smd.

Absolutely, IMHO.

Count me in for one kit then.

Sure, PM me your email address associated with PayPal and fill in the spreadsheet.

In a 2 way active speaker would you use my_ref on tweeter or medium / bass ?

IMHO, both.

As for delaying the closure of the group buy, I support it. It seems like there is always someone who just misses the end of a group buy.

Well, no problem... all deadlines are delayed by a week, then (I'm going to edit first post accordingly).

Last edited:
In a 2 way active speaker would you use my_ref on tweeter or medium / bass ?

Either would work very well. The only difference I might make is in my choice for C13, the DC blocking cap on the input. Some caps seem to help the sparkle and detail at the top and others give full mid-range and bass. The best do both, but cost more, of course.

I suppose 40 Watts per channel might be stretched if it was a big, inefficient bass driver playing very low frequency, but for most mid/bass drivers, the my_ref FE gives clean, full bass in my opinion. I have been running a 17 cm DynaAudio mid/bass that is not efficient at all and I really like the bass.

Other builders thoughts?

Jac

Hi Dario,
I have 4 ohm load speakers (Dynaudio DM 2/7), can you confirm that Selectronic R-core 120VA 2x24V transformer (€41,50 x item) will better work for me than 225VA toroids? ;)

Do you think it would be the best choise instad of
higher VA toroids?

I read post
# 289 - My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial 3d :eek:

Marco

Last edited:
In my experience, yes, R-Core transformers perform better than toroids.

Though for 4 Ohm speakers it would be better to use a 2X22 or 2x21 transformer.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Many thanks Dario
yH5BAEAAA8ALAAAAAAPAA8AAARm8EkJap341ZTQORcGKCSZHEYBTKNSLWRlEKvmMjh8ArSWKAtGg6FDEQYbFyCnSFSOFcRrAVN4KkjAwVlqoniCygfA6XxUg7DGAPqgVAS1pmAwWJ4CuYbA76f1FAADg3khGRp3GREAADs=

Would it be possible for you to organise a GB for a kit of few selected items (NOS ERO - Black Gate and Riken RMG) to be included in the PCBs shipping? :eek:
This would surely allow us to reduce shipping costs instead of each of us buying loose items.
I know this would mean less "Salsa" for you...:D:D:D:D

Marco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.