My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial

You are correct. 'the lab 47 gaincard'. I don't buy or sell. I do have problems w/computer. (and accessing some info). and appreciate ...(from years ago) ....the work done w/design. (need a computer guru)... or at least a working printer. (access to the cloud?) That's.... 'my problem'. w/respect! I say -thanks- and bye for now.

BOM and tutorial have been updated

For those interested, both BOM and Build Guide have been updated:

My_Ref FE - BOM (From v1.5 boards) - Google Sheets
My_Ref_FE - Tutorial.pdf - Google Drive

C13 suggested audiophile cap has been changed to ClarityCap CSA from the previous Auricap XO since after signal cable upgrade (Neotech NEI-3001) I've re-evaluated the various caps and the CSA won.

Auricap XO is still a very good choice, no need to change for who have it, but for new builds I now think CSA is better.

The build guide has been updated accordingly and revised in several parts.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Dario & other distinguished builders:

Although I never paid close attention to the extraneous minor comments in the BOM, looking at the newest BOM I see the comment about HFE matching the pair of transistors (T101&201) as well as matching the two zeners (D105&205). Has anyone ever done that and comment on their findings?

Thanks much, Pete

I see the comment about HFE matching the pair of transistors (T101&201) as well as matching the two zeners (D105&205). Has anyone ever done that and comment on their findings?
Hi Pete,

I've done that in my last 3 builds, in THEORY it should lower distortion further since it will lead to a more symmetrical PS in voltage (zeners) and output impedance (transistors) but never did any measurement or comparison.

It's for this reason that I've made the note, for the most anal builders. ;)

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Dario, et al., since we're on the topic of anal builders, ;>) is there an inside foil/outside foil direction to the ClarityCap CSAs that you're aware of?

Thanks, Pete

For those interested, both BOM and Build Guide have been updated: C13 suggested audiophile cap has been changed to ClarityCap CSA from the previous Auricap XO since after signal cable upgrade (Neotech NEI-3001) I've re-evaluated the various caps and the CSA won

For those interested, both BOM and Build Guide have been updated:

My_Ref FE - BOM (From v1.5 boards) - Google Sheets
My_Ref_FE - Tutorial.pdf - Google Drive

C13 suggested audiophile cap has been changed to ClarityCap CSA from the previous Auricap XO since after signal cable upgrade (Neotech NEI-3001) I've re-evaluated the various caps and the CSA won.

Auricap XO is still a very good choice, no need to change for who have it, but for new builds I now think CSA is better.

The build guide has been updated accordingly and revised in several parts.

Oh, a month late... Thanks for your work!
I still have the old Mundorfs... :|
{ anal who? :D }

hello, is possible to connect this vu-meter board to amp outputs?

It seems to have common ground...

Attachments

• Vu.jpg
    Vu.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 214
Hi there! So, I decided to get back in the business, and put up another amp. Well, I think, I'll just update the actual installation with the new board.
I'm thinking about salvaging :D some components from the old boards, or at least "downgrade" them to economy BOM. So: I've lost my printed paper with the old BOM, could you share a copy? My are 1.6, no EVO, so I'd need that listing.
Thanks all!