IMG_20170524_223256.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20170524_223250.jpg
    IMG_20170524_223250.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20170524_223204.jpg
    IMG_20170524_223204.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 198
What does it mean, "all eight wires' !? Are you measuring with respect to the protection earth?

Should test, in AC setting of the meter, between wires in the secondary pairs. Should be nothing measurable if you miss the pair!
With respect to PE all bets are off.. you can measure anything, even 180v..

Ciao, George

Last edited:
What does it mean, "all eight wires' !? Are you measuring with respect to the protection earth?

Should test, in AC setting of the meter, between wires in the secondary pairs. Should be nothing measurable if you miss the pair!
With respect to PE all bets are off.. you can measure anything, even 180v..

Ciao, George

George, I think that was it, the stupid mistake... Measurements were better in the morning, but still weird problems that shouldn't exist. In the afternoon I'll continue trouble shooting.

George, I think that was it, the stupid mistake... Measurements were better in the morning, but still weird problems that shouldn't exist. In the afternoon I'll continue trouble shooting.
you must indentify the windings first. Identify which tappings are in each winding. Label them.

Then measure the voltage across ONE winding and across any intermediate tappings.

you must indentify the windings first. Identify which tappings are in each winding. Label them.

Then measure the voltage across ONE winding and across any intermediate tappings.

I identified the windings, all according to spec, as seen in the attachment of the transformer above. I don't have the chance to measure, fuses keep on popping as soon as I connect the transformers. Tried them apart, same thing.

I did not connect or put something on or over the secondaries, just bare wire. In my understanding, then you should be able to measure the transformer.

This should be the easy part...:scratch:

And between transformer and metal case?
And what do you mean by bare wire: they are hanging in the air, like in the foto?
You confirm that you did not connect anything to anywhere?

Which fuse blow? the thermal/ overcurrent side or the differential leakage protection?

Another try, (but watch out, not touch the metal case:) You can try to turn on with PE wire (the green yellow ) removed. If it works (you can turn on, fuses don't blow) that way, then You have some serious leakage problem..

And between transformer and metal case?
And what do you mean by bare wire: they are hanging in the air, like in the foto?
You confirm that you did not connect anything to anywhere?

Which fuse blow? the thermal/ overcurrent side or the differential leakage protection?

Another try, (but watch out, not touch the metal case:) You can try to turn on with PE wire (the green yellow ) removed. If it works (you can turn on, fuses don't blow) that way, then You have some serious leakage problem..

Wires are hanging in the air, not connected to anything, anywhere. I have one fuse only, in the furutech inlet.

Out of fuses now, only 1a left, think that's not enough. Will buy new ones tomorrow so I can test the transformers without PE...