My new monobloc layout for Mauro Penasa's MyRef Rev. C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I for one unterstand well what Preamp is showing us, and he explained it very well.
If he injects the error current source into point A no much difference, result swamped by speaker wire. But when injecting into point B the wiring of the preamp GND determines whether the voltage drop induced by this current is inside (green) or outside (red) the feedback loop.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I think that what you are measuring is the injected current that is flowing through R1 (load) and into the output of the LM3886.

No, that's not the case. Have a look at the attached plot, it shows the current through R1. This current comes out of the LM. Maybe you can try it for yourself, attached the sim file, too.

Attachments

• loadcurrent.png
    loadcurrent.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 606
  • MyRef_ground_test_01.asc
    7.5 KB · Views: 97
I think that what you are measuring is the injected current that is flowing through R1 (load) and into the output of the LM3886.
While this current path does exist, its impedance is several orders of magnitude higher than the main path, so it's contribution to the voltage drop accross the load is neglegible. The voltage drop along the main path is important is it is an input signal not corrected by feedback. The amp operates in inverting mode for this error signal.

No, that's not the case. Have a look at the attached plot, it shows the current through R1. This current comes out of the LM. Maybe you can try it for yourself, attached the sim file, too.

Thanks for the file.

The injected current is negative and that is why you see a positive output current.
I measure 6.3 mA through R1 leaving 993.7 mA through the ground return.
This is close to what you might expect from paralleled 8.05 and 0.05 Ohm network.

I believe this is Russ White's final single sided board.

View attachment 820334

View attachment 820335

Thanks @Naaling. I went through this entire thread and some others as well. What happened to the double sided PCBs from Russ White? Did he ever publish those ? or only the single sided design is available ?

Is there any better double sided design files available online? while I wrote my previous post, I have found interest in many of my friends to build my_ref rev c. So, I am not looking for Fremen edition but interested in getting PCBs made and do a group buy.

Please let me know of any other good PCB design available for fabrication for my_ref rev C.

Thanks @Naaling. I went through this entire thread and some others as well. What happened to the double sided PCBs from Russ White? Did he ever publish those ? or only the single sided design is available ?

Is there any better double sided design files available online? while I wrote my previous post, I have found interest in many of my friends to build my_ref rev c. So, I am not looking for Fremen edition but interested in getting PCBs made and do a group buy.

Please let me know of any other good PCB design available for fabrication for my_ref rev C.

I can't answer your question but I can say I built 4 of Brian's kits and they are in use daily and sound terrific!

I had a pair of these boards in storage. Put all on site and must shipped out.
But there has been development in this circuit. The Fremen Edition has some fine tuning that gives an big improvement in stability and measurements.
If building for use, try tracking a pair of these. The BOM is listed in Group Buy.

I had a pair of these boards in storage. Put all on site and must shipped out.
But there has been development in this circuit. The Fremen Edition has some fine tuning that gives an big improvement in stability and measurements.
If building for use, try tracking a pair of these. The BOM is listed in Group Buy.

blackh0le has already stated that he is not interested in the Fremen edition.

By the way, I wasn't aware the Rev C had stability problems!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.