My latest project - DAC + headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mbcouple said:
Thanks for your reply. I sent you an email regarding my project through diyaudio. If you have a moment this weekend, please review it. Whil i regret not being able to buy you a beer for your troubles, i am more than happy to send beer money.
Many Thanks
Hans
Don't worry about beer money if you're building your own or doing a group buy... I just don't want people copying the design as-is and making a profit off my work, even though the design is public domain and the most I can do is whine if it happens :D

I'll check my e-mail now.

If someone wants to build an identical version of mine, I still have a spare PCB here taking up space. Also note post #18 in this thread; there are a few case clearance issues that have to be addressed with the current design.

I must admit that I´m not that good at fourlayers.From Elektrokit
The cost of doubelsided is if you order 10PCB 33.28 dollar,4 layers is 66,43.
If you order 25 PCB 4 layer is 53,12,double is 26,63
Well this might not be any cheaper but,did the company you liste have some minimi order of 25 PCB´s?:xeye:
Did you have a component list?

Attached is a vauge Excel list of parts and the cost involved for each, and where I bought them from. It's several months old so the prices aren't accurate, and most of the 0603 resistors, some decoupling caps and other parts which I had available already aren't included.

The oscillator in the list is 49MHz, this has to get changed to the 29.xxx MHz if the AD1896 chip is used (a change I suggest you make). This still is a cheap XO, so adding a few places to solder in wires so a tent/kwak/etc module can be added in might be a good idea.

Another change that should be done on the board is the AC receptacle - the Qualtek 770W-00/02 part isn't available in low quantities from anyone that I've found. There's another one available from Digikey which the PCB can be modified for.

The board also calls for two 47uF/6.3V, 1210 package, X5R ceramic caps. You have to buy ten from Digikey but only have to order two, and at the time Digikey wanted $47 for 10! This has probably gone down in price now, but you might want to group buy these as well as PCBs :D

Attachments

• hpa pricing.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 423
Ryssen said:

What is the size of the boards?It was 4 layers?

New info from PCB dude:
Size of MLB is 100 X 160 mm
Board will be made eaxactly as per gerber files givem by Gmarsh. If any chnage is to be made then Gmarsh should help in this regard.

He also says:
It uses SMD type chip. So buyers should have tools to solder smd chip..

I should also mention I'm just mediating PCB's, not complete or partial kits ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.