My first crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I'd say the peak comes from the driver itself. If I simulate it without any crossover it shows the same peak. Further, if I were the to scale the original Dayton plot to the same X- and Y axis as the simulation, it reveals the peak is present there as well.

Yeah. You are right.
I've tried my best to compromise in the Xover overlap frequencies but I guess, there is not much to do, regarding this subject.

It doesn't seem to be showing for me. You have acoustic issues. Much of it might be the combined T/W response. At this moment I'm having a little trouble working anything out from the shown information.

Ok... I'll try to explain what I did, step by step.
I'll be busy in the next day, so I may take some time to do it but I promise I'll post the step by step flow. :)

Thanks for your patience.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
No problem. My issue is more with your simulator program. Acoustic issues are easier to see with polar information. The sim shows various angles for the combined driver responses but only a single angle for the single driver responses.

It does get too much to show on one screen at a time, but designing a crossover involves switching back and forth between different views.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.