• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My ES9018 DAC/Amp/Controller..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Al, it would be nice if you could post the "interface" into the DAC.
Thank you, Alex

Hi AAK,
It really a good time while you are finalizing the board that all interested people have a overall look into your design so that they can ascertain what parts of your modular system they can use.
As you have said, the detailed schematic is not necessary, by the block diagram, interface details, decoupling etc would be enough.

The kind details shared by other DAC designers on the forum have helped many to choose what is needed by them or whether the DAC would fit in their existing system well. To begin with, people like me who are interested in future upgrade to DSD are clueless how it will happen and what initial module would need to be replaced. Once one commits on your kit, it would be unkind both to go back in the interest if something becomes clear later.

I hope you see a good intent in my comments.

Hi alexis and ujjwaana,

Please be patient. I can only do so much at one time. When the design, development, and testing stage is complete, which is nearing, I'll turn my focus to product information. Thanks for the interest.

Best regards,

Al

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Al,

The controller supports all ES9018 audio formats, and controls the switching between the different formats. In all the controller provides access to 31 functions and each of their settings. All the programming necessary to support SPDIF/PCM/DSD is included. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks for your feedback. So ... just to make sure that I understand you correctly: Your controller does support DSD512 & PCM*32?

Best regards,

Jesper

Last edited:
Hi Jesper,

Yes, if the ES9018 supports 512 DSD, the controller is configured to play it plus PCM 32bit. I'm using the Amanero as my USB input for now and according to their website it supports I2S/PCM 32 bit, and 256/512 DSD using a Windows operating system. So far I've played DSD 64/128, and PCM 44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz, 192Khz, 352.8Khz, 384Khz without any issues. Do you know where I can find 256/512 DSD source material that I can try?

Best regards,

Al

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Al,

Well ... thanks for asking :rolleyes: No, I don't know where to get DSD256 or DSD512 files but Bunpei posted a description of how to convert various other files to DSD256 &512 here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...i2s-384khz-dsd-converter-136.html#post3414774

I haven't yet had the time to actually try it out myself but it's on my wish-list when I'm done with the current projects :p

If you dig into it I'd be pleased to hear about it ...

Best wishes from over here,

Jesper

BTW: I'm also using the Amanero.

Update

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm still at it, but unfortunately the schedule has slipped about two weeks. The delay is partly due to adding the two external AVCC regulators to the DAC board which I felt was necessary to make things easier for me, and makes a lot of sense from a design standpoint. With that done I've officially frozen the hardware design now allowing me to focus on getting everything else done. Once I get pricing for the new DAC board with AVCC regulators on-board I'll provide overall pricing. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Al

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,
The delay is partly due to adding the two external AVCC regulators to the DAC board which I felt was necessary to make things easier for me, and makes a lot of sense from a design standpoint. With that done I've officially frozen the hardware design now allowing me to focus on getting everything else done.
Al

A stitch in time saves nine.

Glad that you took re-look on the AVCC regulators. With folks like Buffalo DAC providing a dedicated VCC shunt regulator upgrade, one designed for your DAC would save many of hacking the design later if we felt need in improvements in regulator. Take you time Pal!! I wonder who would not support you in such efforts.

Regards,
Ujjwal John

I'm very interested in an assembled stereo DAC version, including PS and shunt regulators, multiple input selection, lcd/remote combination and I2S USB input board.
Forgive me if i'm asking too much, but i'm not very good in DIY and i doubt about what i could do by myself...
Anyway, this project seems really too promising, who could stay away? :D

Hi alexmi,

Don't worry you're not pressuring me, I'm way past that stage.

I plan on providing an update this weekend that includes board pricing, and a list of the different setup options available that have been fully tested in addition to those that I'm still working on. Thanks for interest.

Best regards,

Al

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm working on getting the price list and all the different options that I'll provide completed. I'll post it before the end of the week. I was hoping to find the time this weekend to get it done but there was just no way.

I am really really excited about this project, it's far exceeded anything I could of imagined a little more than six months ago when I committed to making it available to members of this great forum. Honestly the journey has been brutal at times working late nights on weekdays, and weekends, and figuring how to juggle family time, and a full time job. But after seeing how it's all come together I think the effort was well worth it. It's also not been easy controlling the engineer in me that always wants to continue adding to the design putting aside time to market. I know there's still a lot more work ahead to make it all happen, but I'm committed to seeing this project to the end, and hopefully it will lead me to many more. Thanks for your patience, and all your support. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.