My beloved amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is the circuit:

I don't know can't it work?
any note please reply,thank you!

Attachments

• dscn2138.jpg
    dscn2138.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,616
Darkhorse, very nice construction, remember me 1959 equipments.

This construction, made almost the same way tube amplifiers were made..... very nice.

I like your construction.... almost the same idea of RockMandrake...very nice from you two, show us another way to make things...very nice.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nice construction.jpg
    nice construction.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,417
In your point of view, yes Epupa...in my own point of view, just a visit to a lovely

Past....i was very happy, so happy or much more than now a days...delicious past, with wonderfull Germanium.

There are people that use to stay upside down...to have better blood circulation around the last neuroniuns.....i use to do that...hehe....you can try too...maybe you will perceive that your ideas may not be the only rigth ideas in this world...just one more opinnion, alike mine too.

regards futuristic man.

Carlos

As they say, nostalgia isn't what it used to be! What an extraordinary thread. I built an amp similar to Bones, the PW12-12 with geranium power transistors. Were they OC28's or OC35's? I cannot remember.
It worked well and sounded great until an oscilloscope became avaliable and I measured it. The slew rate was not good, caused by the miller capacitor (470pf in my circuit 330pf in Bones) needed to make the thing stable.
But it sounded so nice. I can only assume that it in a domestic environment you never play it loud enough to get slew limiting
I got a similar shock when I measured a 741 op amp handling a large amplitude 20Khz sine wave. It is a sine-triangle converter!
Incidentally the NKT type transistor stands for Newmarket (where the racehorses come from) and amazingly they still make electronics in that factory although not geranium devices (I know its germanium but I prefer geranium)

Well, when you like something, you shouldn’t go and measure it.
If you drive a 2CV (old citroen) with 110 km/h, you have the feeling that you’re in the air, that you are traveling with your private airplane. You shouldn’t look to the tachometer though, your feelings shouldn’t be instructed in such a technocratic way – you should throw away the tachometer from such a wonderful car. In the same way, you don’t measure a woman’s chest-middle-haunch analogies, to determine if you like her and love her. That is what Carlos has discovered, and that’s why he is so happy :)).

SCHEMATIC

Hi,

please note :

HEATSINK is compulsory...

Don't hesitate to use very best ( carbon, of course ) resistors ( Riken 'n' kiwame are my favourite )...

This amp offering a great combination of dynamic, rythm and transparency... Midrange and treble blends with an amazingly rich and plentiful bass... It's valve like ;)

regards

Rock

Attachments

• little brother-1.jpg
    little brother-1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,379
Little Brother PSU

Hi TB,

the very best way to optimize PSU is to use batteries ( Sonnenschein Dryfit 9V - 10AH ) :)

Otherwise don't hesitate to realize DUAL mono power supplies

( Each Channel )
Transformer : 9V 24VA ( or more )
Capacitance : 20 000 yf ( or more ) /16v
Bridge rectifier : IXYS FBe22-06N1 ( superb ! )

Ps : my CD player ( Stax Quattro II ) is fitted with dual mono volume pot'

Rock

Hello ROCKMANDRAKE,
Thanks for the response.
Oh well, I really wanted to build this amp. , but transistor availibility is a problem. Actually, its price.
The great source of components for me is MOUSER. Usually they have very competitve prices. The do sell germanium transistors made by NTE.
Equivalent of AD162 they sell for $6. It is great. But, and this is the best, equivalent of AD149 is being sold for:bigeyes: $33.25 !!!
That is a lot for germanium transistor. I did not look on Ebay, I just do not like to buy there.
What is the price for this transistor in Europe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.