Mtx ta92001 distorted output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clean the corrosion off. Had to read do it. They all read 0.no leaks I took all the output mosfets out. On the board itself. where the mosfet goes, source to gate I'm get .078 on all fet location. the drain,with the black lead for my scope to the amplifier negative input and the red lead to the drain pad on the board ,with amplifier power I am getting +108 on all drain pads fet on the side where the pre-amp board plugs into. On the other side where the rca inputs at I'm getting +18 on drain paid.

Last edited:
Yes I have +18.36 volt at the terminals.
Surface corrosion around the fets pads. Greenish blue looking corrosion. Mainly on the side with the RCA inputs are at.
-109.8 on the source and gate low side fets that are on the speaker terminal side. But two that are the closest to the speaker terminals on the gate pad I'm getting -97

Last edited:
OK. It will probably be needed later.

At this point, you need to find where the 18v is coming from. Place the black probe on the main ground and rub the red probe around on the board near the drain pads of the low-side FETs and the source pads of the high-side FETs (these are connected to the output terminals). Do you see any leakage of voltage that shouldn't be there?

Post a good quality photo of the corroded area.

I remove the heatsink to get a better look still tracking down the pads.when I took out the heatsink part of the green layer of the board was stuck to it and corrosion around this area when I try to clean with a toothbrush it just flakes away. Also some of the thermal paste was connecting three of the pins together on the high side fets

Attachments

• DSC_0990.jpg
    DSC_0990.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 52
Ok resistor r4082 or r4087 I can not tell Wich number is reference for the component location. But it got so hot it unsolder from the board but I also trace my voltage back to this resistor. One side of the pad that the resistor was solder to shows 18 volt the other side shows -2.838 just for a brief second then it goes away. On the low fets pad I'm getting -2.838 volts just for brief second then it goes away to zero. I took the resistor out now the pad reads +133 where the resistor was at.

Attachments

• DSC_0000_BURST20190322001232116.jpg
    DSC_0000_BURST20190322001232116.jpg
    920.3 KB · Views: 52
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.