MTX 2300 X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im in the process of bringing this amp back to life. The modle i have is the 2300x Black heatsink with gold lettering.

I have a couple questions

Wondering what is a good power supply fet for this amp?? Since the fets are missing.

There is a resistor thats to burnt to tell the value wondering if anyone knows the value of R429 located in front of the rectifier.

And what transistor goes in Q220's spot since its missing

This is an image from an MTX Thunder 4320. Perhaps is close to what you are missing?

The resistor on mine is 2k ohms.

IMG_20101031_220036.jpg

IMG_20101031_220013.jpg

The resistor thats missing in mine is the 1 closet to the cap in the row with 4 resistors. It looks like a 22.1 ohm resistor from what i can see is this correct?

Also i have another 2300 amp but the board is totally different.

The one im repairing is the 2300x and the other one i have is a thunder 2300 is there a difference in output of theese amps or about the same?

Attachments

• IMG_9656a1.jpg
    IMG_9656a1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I also noticed this amp has the same problems as the other 2300 i have,The 1N4148 diodes by the output transistors are shorted is this a common problem when the outputs go?

Also im gonna be fixing alot of problems in the output section since i found someone tryed repairing this amp themselfs and had 540's on 1 side for the outputs and irfz48's on the other side , Gotta love it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.