MPP

Prince must be one of the most impressive ever when it comes to multi instrumental prowess, production, western popular music deep knowledge.
Way back when, my first wife 'n me drove back from Cinema
after watching Sign 'o' the times, i can't stop crying because
i'm just a poor worm compared to him.
The credits after the movie said:
Light. Prince
Music: P
Costumes:
Coreography:
Coffee:
etc etc
Unbelievable

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
But he is also famous for very poor life sound. I was in Frankfort, Wald Stadium.
The sound was the poorest i ever heard. So loud and distorted that i thought this is an art form in the opposite direction of what i like all by itself.
Martina watched him in Cologne recently. Same impression.
Deborah Harry in Athens, that sounded pretty good.

Prince that is? Sacrilege not to appear in top notch live reinforcement. Never been to a Prince's gig, did not know.

Here a screenshot of the ground plane arrangement.

on the left side is the (input) star ground connection
lower righthand corner is where the power input is connected
GND1 and GND2 are the ground connections of the input elcaps and cascode voltage filtering (including the zener string etc)
GND3 is the ground connection of the RIAA filtering components
GND4 is the ground connection of the positive shunt regulator
GND5 is the ground connection of the negative shunt regulator

GND1,2,3 are connected with wires to the star ground, whereas GND4,5 are connected through their ground planes

Honestly, I've tried my best. But I am open for any suggestions or improvements, just let me know!

Hi Hesener,

If we are to use star ground would it be possible to avoid 'air wires' hanging over the PCB in favor of as much pcb return path as possible used for connection? Maybe we can enlarge the PCB by small amount to squeeze in some gnd return paths from riaa and other parts and minimize wires as much as possible? I am afraid air wires may act like antennas and increase noise.

I did always use ground plane but it was line level so this is probably of no use here, still those wires make me wary..

I also like star gnd at input for MPP!!

You are really fast with layout - thank you for the great effort!