Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got to watch Fedex trucks in Denver attempt to get on I 25 about 9PM on the 23Rd and failed. We got a good layer of ice before a good snow and semi trucks were just not going uphill. It was amusing to see three Fedex trucks all pointing diagonally uphill. At least amusing because I was on the other side.

Mouser probably big enough to have the carrier leave a semi trailer or more onsite. The shipping system will assign a tracking number and know she shipping charge.
UPS just has to drop by and pick up the trailer which may be a challenge still. The shipping system will close the trailer worth of packages at once.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I did get a delivery from Walmart via FedEx a couple of days ago. However, our own company limped along last week due to power, internet, gas, and water issues. It could be that Mouser is understaffed while employees deal with personal emergencies. The plumbing issues are a nightmare right now.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
After many years of reliable service, Mouser really fell on their face last month. My order placed on Feb. 17 did not arrive until Feb. 24 because of weather delays. Can't really blame Mouser for bad weather and failing state infrastructure.

Upon opening my delayed package, I was dismayed to discover it contained an order for somebody in Belgium. My order presumably is on its way to Belgium. Using Mouser's online chat, I carefully explained my package had the right name and address but the wrong contents. Not comprehending what happened, the Mouser rep's response was to ask my neighbors if they had my package. ESL probably was a big factor here. The caps lock key was frequently used during this frustrating chat session.

I've re-ordered the same parts and hope this delivery will be faster and less eventful.

How is it being shipped? FedEx is brutal the last couple of weeks! My Mouser order finally made it to Memphis - says it's coming today but that's another FedEx lie. My Digi-key order might actually come today though since it's in Mississauga. If I had had Mouser use DHL instead, I'd have my crap by now.

I ordered a PC board from a one man company in California on Feb 10. It hit the USPS on the 12th and was never scanned again. After about a week I filled out a missing mail search request. On Tuesday Feb 23 I received an email from the USPS stating that they could not locate the piece and I should file a lost mail claim. About an hour after that was sent the mail carrier brought me the boards. Short work crews on both ends results in no, or limited package scanning, especially if it's not Priority Mail.

I ordered parts for the board from Digikey on Feb 11 and received them Feb 16 despite some bad weather resulting in a two delay in delivery on this end. Fedex will not drive down our dirt road when it is snow and ice covered.....I didn't either after Sunday's (Feb 14) ice storm that resulted in no power here for 8 hours and no TV, phone or internet for 11 hours. I did venture out on the 15th.

I ordered parts from Mouser on Feb 12. I got an email from Mouser on Feb 15 explaining that there was nobody at the warehouse and that Fedex, UPS, and DHL were all closed. The USPS was making limited deliveries with no outbound service. Mouser expected to ship on the 18th or 19th. I got an email from Mouser on Feb 19 showing shipment with an expected delivery date of Feb 22. The package was upgraded to "Fedex overnight" due to the delays, and a tracking number was provided.

When the 22nd came and went with no delivery I checked the tracking number which indicated that Fedex had not received the package, so I emailed Mouser asking if it had shipped. I received a reply two days later stating that the package did indeed leave Mouser on Feb 19, by "Fedex overnight" but it was not scanned, just stuffed into the "big truck" with all the others and driven to an "out of state" Fedex distribution center. Inquiries to Fedex went unanswered.

On Feb 25 the package was scanned in Indiana, and on the 26th in Pennsylvania (we are in between those two states), and again later on the 26th in West Virginia as "out for delivery." It did not show up. It was delivered on Feb 27th. Fedex overnight took 8 days.

By the 25th the boards had already been stuffed with all the Digikey parts, and were waiting for the few stragglers from Mouser that DK didn't have.

From what I can tell Digikey did best because they deal with this kind of weather all the time and the box hit the airplane in North Dakota. Texas does not. DFW airport was closed for at least one day, and had minimal service after that. Many places in the midwest where the truck shipments would have passed through had snow and ice far above normal. For many of us this has been the worst storm in the worst winter in recent history, especially Texas.

When an unexpected late season and grossly misforecasted "minimal Cat 1 hurricane" hit us in Florida in 2006, many were also unprepared. We had massive flooding, and no power for 22 days. No cell service for 10 days, and most wireline phones were out. I had never upgraded my "twisted pair to the CO" landline, so I had the only working phone in the neighborhood.

The Motorola, plant where I worked, was reopened after a week (priority "hospital grade" power service), but virtually nobody could get there. Food, water, gasoline for running generators, and repairs become first priority. Going to work is pretty far down on the list.

All the traffic lights were out, and the roads were covered in debris or flooded. After about 8 or 9 days I started walking the 2.5 miles to work, and found a few hundred people in a place where about 3000 worked. It was about 2 weeks before I could get there on a bicycle, and nearly three weeks from the day of the storm before the plant was mostly back to normal.

I could see how a similar situation could unfold in a place like Dallas / Ft. Worth when much of the critical infrastructure is wiped out.

Last edited:
Have you guys had the same problem with DIGIKEY ?
Hi so im new here. Im building an opto 7 and it looks like some of the resistors from Digi-Key that I need are either discontinued or have to be ordered in bulk of 1000 or more and I only even need 4 of them lol. My question is can I order another brand of resistor for my project from another site or does it have to be that certain one in the parts bom from Digikey? I'm missing part numbers
RC12JB240k-ND 240k 1/2W 5% Axial
RC12JB100K-ND 100K 1/2W 5% Axial
and RC12JB1K50-ND 1.5K 1/2W 5% Axial
Any help would be great :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.