Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Moode 2.6 Test Release 5 (TR5) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

This TR fixes bugs reported in previous TR's, adds 320K BBC radio stations, new audio device descriptions, bumps to Linux kernel, MPD, WiringPi and shairport-sync :)

Like the previous test releases, TR5 includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Features included in TR5 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for the complete list.

- NEW: Support for Raspberry Pi 3
- NEW: moodeOS 1.0 J-Lite factored for Moode Audio Player
- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode for direct connection
- NEW: True random play for a continuous stream of music
- NEW: Audio scrobbler service (Last.FM)
- NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art displayed on UI
- NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
- NEW: Network configuration system
- NEW: Auto-configuration system for run-once name change at boot
- NEW: Vol.php CLI for setting volume via command line
- NEW: Support for BBC 320K HLS streams

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.4.10
- UPD: MPD custom compiled version 0.19.15
- UPD: WiringPi compiled version 2.32
- UPD: Bump to shairport-sync 2.8.3

Fixes to bugs reported in previous TR's

FIX: etc/dhcpcd.conf static wlan0 address not commented out on fresh image
FIX: incorrect worker log message when eth0 does not exist
FIX: cfg_radio missing 1st record
FIX: lib/systemd/system/mpd.service and .socket have +x 0755 and should be 0644
UPD: MPD socket connection handling
UPD: USB audio hot-plug management

Be sure to READ the updated SETUP GUIDE to learn how to make use of new capabilities. The (i) help text in Moode itself provides additionl explanation of features.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

• moode-logotypes-v2.png
    moode-logotypes-v2.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 312
Cheers Tim.

What about replacing stream icon-microphone for icon-music in playerlib.js

Like this

PHP:
output += '"><div class="db-icon db-song db-browse"><i class="icon-music sx db-browse"></i></div><div class="db-action"><a class="btn" href="#notarget" title="Actions" data-toggle="context" data-target="#context-menu-folder-item"><i class="icon-reorder"></i></a></div><div class="db-entry db-song db-browse">';

To give like the below image;

Attachments

• suggestion.png
    suggestion.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 316
Hi Tim,

I finally decided to give up on RuneAudio for Moode on a pi rev b. Everything works good for me. Thanks a lot.

Just wanted to report a bug (is there any other place to do this?) that seems to come from Moode. It is really weird and happens only on coverart coming from an artist or album containing " h". Please take note that there is a blank before the "h" like in "The H...".

I can only see this with mpdroid as I tried browsing to the picture from my computer but did not manage to find the whole url to the pictures and I am getting redirected (strange url by the way) to:

http://servername/images/default-cover.jpg

Is there any way to disable that redirection and allow browsing?

If my music is on NAS and cover.jpg is in the same folder as the music, is this ok?

http://servername/NAS/sourcename/foldernames/cover.jpg

Thanks again for the great work.

Hi Tim,

I finally decided to give up on RuneAudio for Moode on a pi rev b. Everything works good for me. Thanks a lot.

Just wanted to report a bug (is there any other place to do this?) that seems to come from Moode. It is really weird and happens only on coverart coming from an artist or album containing " h". Please take note that there is a blank before the "h" like in "The H...".

I can only see this with mpdroid as I tried browsing to the picture from my computer but did not manage to find the whole url to the pictures and I am getting redirected (strange url by the way) to:

http://servername/images/default-cover.jpg

Is there any way to disable that redirection and allow browsing?

If my music is on NAS and cover.jpg is in the same folder as the music, is this ok?

http://servername/NAS/sourcename/foldernames/cover.jpg

Thanks again for the great work.

Hi,

I don't have any Android devices but the symptoms you describe suggest something external to Moode software. I have lot of folders with " H" for example A Hard Days Night, Hampton Hawes, etc. and no issues.

Moode uses coverart.php module to fetch cover art either embedded in the song file or as an image file in the folder containing the song file. Here is example URL that Moode constructs: "http://moode/coverart.php/NAS/Music/Kurt Rosenwinkel/Star of Jupiter/02 Welcome Home.m4a".

-Tim

Hi Tim!
One request for you....Should be possible to add Crossfeed for headphones listening?
Lots of raspberry headphones amplifiers are borning on the web and crossfeed is very useful for this kind of listening.
Xbmc should has this option...
Here some information...
Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP: downloads.

Hi,

On my TODO list but I haven't figured out a config yet. It looks like it would require MPD output switching and some config file manipulation. Lot of work.

If u have already hacked a working config on Moode then please post it:)

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,
Unfortunately I'm only a user, no experience of MPD and config manipulation. 😕
Thanks for all your job and time spent for us and Moode Audio.
Crossfeed is an interesting feature, but only for headphones users.
I understand that there are many other important things...I told you only because I thought it was easy to add.
Regards, and thank you again.

Hi

I see many versions of Raspberry Pi. Which version is good for audio quality if I use an asynchronous USB DAC? There could be two extremes: Pi Zero for low power (might be cleaner?) or more powerful Pi 3. I guess some of you have tested them but I can't find the information.

cheers
Pi3 for me. Certainly in terms of ease of connectivity and use. It's also got the power to run EQ/DSP far more than the Pi Zero. Pi Zero can be frustrating to set up. It demands a USB hub if you require multiple USB devices. If run with a HAT or other I2S DAC, however, then maybe it can be a better choice.

J.

moode-sdimg-r26-tr5 came up fresh as paint on

1) Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, USB audio output, Canakit WiFi adapter.

2) Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, HiFiBerry DAC+ audio output, onboard WiFi.

Both configured initially in Access Point mode.

Both with ASUS AC66U Router/Access Point as my NAS serving files via SMB/CIFS protocol and imposing username/password access to shared folder(s).

Haven't pushed the envelope yet but "no news is good news!"

As always, thanks and a tip of the hat to you, Tim.

Regards,
Kent

Last edited:
Hi Tim very nice work.
There some High Quality 320kbps streams here in Greece I would like to share if there is interest to add them to moode .

The Psychomed - Audiophile | Main
The Psychomed - Audiophile | Streams

I am not affiliated with these in any way just I listen to them.

I agree. These are great streams. If you look at the predefined Radio streams already in Moode Player you'll find them listed under, for example, "Audiophile Baroque". Thanks to the Internet, I get to listen to them on this side of the Atlantic. :)

Regards,
Kent

Hi Tim,
Unfortunately I'm only a user, no experience of MPD and config manipulation. 😕
Thanks for all your job and time spent for us and Moode Audio.
Crossfeed is an interesting feature, but only for headphones users.
I understand that there are many other important things...I told you only because I thought it was easy to add.
Regards, and thank you again.

I second crossfeed and am not a headphone listener. I find it a pleasureable experience when the music start to fade and next song gradually comes on...

Hi Tim!
One request for you....Should be possible to add Crossfeed for headphones listening?
Lots of raspberry headphones amplifiers are borning on the web and crossfeed is very useful for this kind of listening.
Here some information...

Hi,

I just want to follow up with u on this. While I was browsing around I ran across a bit-perfect config for Crossfeed and MPD that looks like it could integrate nicely into Moode. Promising :)

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim!
Here some information...

What a great idea. I remember experimenting 40 years ago with analog electronic circuits intended to achieve the same goal. Don't know why it didn't occur to me it might be done rather more easily in the digital domain (not that I know how to do it!). I could use this feature too so I hope it pans out.

Regards,
Kent