Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi, I have a feature request:

Would it be possible to make each piece of the folder hierarchy in the browse tab a link?

usb/music/flac/classic rock/the who.....

This would eliminate having to hit the back button multiple times if you are several folders deep.

Thanks
GGM

Hi,

Should b possible, and btw a really great idea :)

Regards,
Tim

Have another request if you have time. Would it be possible to have a setting so that Moode would load a .cue file from a folder into the playlist by default instead of a whole album audio file?

I have several rips that are one continuous flac file and a .cue file that breaks the single flac into individual songs. When accessing those folders, especially on "shuffle", Moode plays the whole album flac instead of just one song from the cue.

Hi Tim

I'm testing 2.6. I am not able to connect by smb from my mac as I did with previous releases. I always connected as guest and then I was able to copy the files to the SD card. Now it gives an error while trying to connect. Any clue?

WiFi automatic Access Point works great to configure moode without Ethernet. And thanks a lot for adding Rock FM.

BR / Fernando

Hi Tim

I'm testing 2.6. I am not able to connect by smb from my mac as I did with previous releases. I always connected as guest and then I was able to copy the files to the SD card. Now it gives an error while trying to connect. Any clue?

WiFi automatic Access Point works great to configure moode without Ethernet. And thanks a lot for adding Rock FM.

BR / Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I just tested using Finder to connect to cifs://moode as Guest. The only diff I noticed is that now a popup appears asking me to select which volume I want to mount: NAS, SDCARD, RADIO, or USB. After mounting one of the volumes, moode appears under Sidebar Shared and then all the volumes can be browsed.

-Tim

Have another request if you have time. Would it be possible to have a setting so that Moode would load a .cue file from a folder into the playlist by default instead of a whole album audio file?

I have several rips that are one continuous flac file and a .cue file that breaks the single flac into individual songs. When accessing those folders, especially on "shuffle", Moode plays the whole album flac instead of just one song from the cue.

Hi,

From a practical perspective, why not convert the .cue+flac to individual tracks.

-Tim

Great work Tim!!!! I'm using 2.6 on my Pi3, and so far very solid, so thanks for all your efforts so far!

The re-sampling option has really helped me isolate my clicking problem, which seems to be a hardware issue in my setup above 48k (current theory - USB cable).

The only minor nit-pick with the MoOde player is it seems to be hit-or-miss finding album art for my library. Other players I've tried, particularly Rune Audio, has better luck with this. It would be great if the Album Art window on the Playback screen could load a best-guess album cover or related image from the internet if one isn't found - is this possible?

Last edited:
Hi,

From a practical perspective, why not convert the .cue+flac to individual tracks.

-Tim

Some albums, live performances for example, are nice unbroken. In shuffle mode however, hearing the whole performance is unnecessary. Just loading the cue file manually will show individual songs in the playlist, but If i want to shuffle a whole genre the unbroken flac is loaded instead of the separated flac mapped by the cue file.

Great work Tim!!!! I'm using 2.6 on my Pi3, and so very solid, so thanks for all your efforts so far!

It's also really helped me isolate my clicking problem, which seems to be a hardware issue in my setup (current theory - USB cable).

The only minor nit-pick with the MoOde player is it seems to be hit-or-miss finding album art for my library. Other players I've tried, particularly Rune Audio, has better luck with this. It would be great if the Album Art window on the Playback screen could load a best-guess album cover or related image from the internet if one isn't found - is this possible?

Hi,

Problem is that its a guess and if the wrong cover is returned then nothing has been gained. Can u add the missing cover art to your collection?

-Tim

Hi,

Problem is that its a guess and if the wrong cover is returned then nothing has been gained. Can u add the missing cover art to your collection?

-Tim

All my albums/tracks have the cover art embedded in the files, and show on other players such as Rune, JRiver, iTunes, etc.. However, in MoOde, I would say only 50% or so are actually displaying the artwork. When I click on the art window, it almost always takes me to the correct artist or album via Google if I click "image".

Haven't figured a pattern to why some albums aren't showing art - maybe the ones that include a .jpg in the album folder are the only ones showing, regardless of embedding..?

Last edited:
*EDIT:

rewriting the img to the SD card has fixed these issues

Trying Moode for the first time (had been using RUNE and Openelec previously).

Have a Raspbery Pi 1 Model B.
Using Moode 2.5

2 issues:

1) shutdown does not shut down the player, I still need to pull the plug (not sure if that is correct behavior)

2) After shutdown and restart I can access the Config screen.
After making changes I can go back to the main screen, however cannot return to the config options (menu opens, you can navigate to config but cannot go past the config screen, browser just says "waiting for moode". You can navigate back to the player screen).

3) unable to remove (or edit) a NAS share (SMB), browser just says "waiting for moode".

Can play radio without issue.

Any ideas?

1) The Pi doesn't have power off as part of shutdown. Linux quiesces, but the power stays on.

2&3) how's your network? I had very similar problems and it turned out to be the config of my LAN - specifically, DNS wasn't being resolved cleanly and I had exactly the same symptoms as 2 & 3 - fixed my network, all my problems went away and I could then get in and re-edit my NAS settings, complete config, etc.

All my albums/tracks have the cover art embedded in the files, and show on other players such as Rune, JRiver, iTunes, etc.. However, in MoOde, I would say only 50% or so are actually displaying the artwork. When I click on the art window, it almost always takes me to the correct artist or album via Google if I click "image".

Haven't figured a pattern to why some albums aren't showing art - maybe the ones that include a .jpg in the album folder are the only ones showing, regardless of embedding..?

Hi,

Zip up a few of the files or an album folder of files including the .jpg and I'll be happy to test them. Send download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org :)

-Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly repost :)

Moode 2.6 Test Release 1 (TR1) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

This TR includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Additional features included in TR1 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for details.

- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
- NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art
- NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
- NEW: Network configuration system
- NEW: Auto-configuration system

NOTE only a few WiFi adapters support AP mode. Pi 3 integrated adapter and Canakit WiFi adapter were used for testing.

Be sure to read the updated Setup instructions to learn how to make use of the new capabilities. SSH logon is now pi@moode (pwd=raspberry). Preface all cmds with sudo :)

Enjoy!

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

• player-logotype-v2-black.png
    player-logotype-v2-black.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 263
  • moodeos-logotype-v1-black.png
    moodeos-logotype-v1-black.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 268
Hello everyone
I'm happy user of Raspberry Pi 2 and Soekris DAC working altogether quite nicely. Im using LMS right now but encountered a problem when playing DSD files - looks like the signal coming out of squeezelite player is not good enough. Was just wandering if moode player supports DSD files format and I'm tempted trying this out - it seems to be interesting project.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 237
Hi Fernando,

I just tested using Finder to connect to cifs://moode as Guest. The only diff I noticed is that now a popup appears asking me to select which volume I want to mount: NAS, SDCARD, RADIO, or USB. After mounting one of the volumes, moode appears under Sidebar Shared and then all the volumes can be browsed.

-Tim

Hello Tim,

It works with cifs://moode

Thanks!