Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

You could try the Parametric EQ but it requires an understanding of how to use its capabilities to achieve a particular result. There is a lot of great info on the net regarding Parametric EQ.

My only recommendation would be turn off all other DSP first for example resampling, then make EQ adjustments.

-Tim
Experimented a bit, and then cleared it all out beause interestingly enough, oversampling at 24/96 did the trick. Either that, or the new interconnects are settling in.

One thing I am having a problem with is getting moOde to recognize on my network. I renamed the device but for some reason, all I see is a * (asterisk) in my DHCP table. That could be why LMS isn't finding it. Is there a fix?

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2018-02-27T22-19-46.563Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2018-02-27T22-19-46.563Z.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 247
Hi Gary,

You mean auto-shuffle, the setting on Audio config correct?

When this is turned on then pressing Random Play btn automatically activates consume mode and turns that btn on. Only one track should ever be added to Playlist when auto-shuffle is on.
Correct....It seems to be behaving normal since I restarted MPD....not sure if that had any effect, but only 1 song appearing at the moment.

I've never tested volume normalization. I don't see anything in the release notes for MPD 0.20 series that would suggest a fix so maybe its a new bug in MPD.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/v0.20.18/NEWS
-Tim

Did MPD 0.20 change between beta 13 and Version 4.0? Could be a new bug. In beta 13, it was obvious the volume level was being corrected.

Thanks,
Gary

Correct....It seems to be behaving normal since I restarted MPD....not sure if that had any effect, but only 1 song appearing at the moment.

Did MPD 0.20 change between beta 13 and Version 4.0? Could be a new bug. In beta 13, it was obvious the volume level was being corrected.

Thanks,
Gary

You probably meant beta 12? That was the last of the betas that I released. That particular beta and moOde 4.0 both use MPD 0.20.12.

@JohnW thanks for the offer of hardware, I may take you up on that if there are any Moode-specific features that need to be tested, but hopefully we can write software that works across everything without needing testing on special hardware. What hardware are you making out of interest? I assume a dedicated board that will run Moode?

PM sent to avoid polluting this thread :)

We stand on the shoulders of kernel giants: @HiassofT, @popcornmix, @pelwell just to name a few.

So for moOde 4.1 update and the new Builder I'm leaning toward doing the bump to 4.14.22 or later kernel to catch the nice audio fixes. I've already modified NAS config to include vers=1.0,sec=ntlm as default mount flags and this is testing out ok :)

For sure :)

Below link shows a great example of kernel devs, player devs and dac makers working to improve audio for all of us. The post below describes a particular 4.14 kernel fix and improvement to the codec and kernel i2s drivers for all the great Burr Brown PCM5xxx based I2S DAC 's that we enjoy.
properly fix S24_LE mode with pcm512x codec by HiassofT * Pull Request #2365 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

-Tim

Below link shows a great example of kernel devs, player devs and dac makers working to improve audio for all of us. The post below describes a particular 4.14 kernel fix and improvement to the codec and kernel i2s drivers for all the great Burr Brown PCM5xxx based I2S DAC 's that we enjoy.
properly fix S24_LE mode with pcm512x codec by HiassofT * Pull Request #2365 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

-Tim

Tim,
Thanks for your brilliant work. Enjoying the music, Amy Winehouse, now on Moode 4.0.

Great to see the close co-operation by these smart people to bring us better music on the pi.

regards,
Rick

Just installed Moode 4. Great work Tim. my installation went through without a hitch and took close to 3 hours and that is probably because of pi B+ board that I have (time to update). The only issue i seem to be having post install is the inability customise the look. All my text are white on a white background and I cannot seem to change it from the UI. The theme/alpha blend/Adaptive background dropdowns are not populated. Screen shot attached. Is it possible to manually edit the config.

Again brilliant work.

Attachments

• Moode.png
    Moode.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 234

-Tim

So, in a recent PM to Tim I suggested we wait until 4.14 became the stock kernel in Raspbian. The recent PRs (a.ka. fixes) he has pointed out have made me change my mind:)

At the same time, a careful read of this particular PR tells us a lot about the unintended consequences of coders' decisions. Any time someone suggests moOde is causing their DAC to sputter, they should read this to get a clue how much moOde (and every other RPi player) is dependent on these drivers and kernel modules which are external to the moOde project.

Lay on Macduff, er, Tim.

Regards,
Kent

Tim,

Good news. I fixed my error with my new Nas Source in Moode 4.0. Issue was not with Moode itself but because I had plugged my Pi into a different switch from the Nas. So I it corrected it and now my Naz is working fine, streaming music files to moode. :) .

Thanks for your nice work in Moode 4.0 and close support for it. :)

regards, Rick

Last edited:
Ditto...though I expect only Kent will appreciate this track...;)

@DRONE7

Well, I know Tim's Cannonball Adderley tracks like the back of my own hand, but an unknown artist/unknown album with a Dingo pup background? That had me stumped until I realized my mild color blindness was making the lime-green track information nearly invisible on my dim screen. [Tim's work to allow us to customize our color schemes is mostly lost on me.]

So I found your track on YouTube. Wow. How did you know the cello is my favorite instrument? It's so like a human voice it can stir deep emotions with the right artist playing the right piece.

But surely I'm not the only moOde user who appreciates classical music?(...and jazz...and performance art...and world music...and folk music...and, well, almost any music except maybe gansta rap). My dream is a tagging scheme which actually works with all the genres I have in my collection. Right now searching my collection is a nightmare.

Thanks.