Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

The only missing link is MoOde calling an endpoint or script when it's status changes... so any help on this would be awesome.

Further to this if the moOde developers added MQTT support (they just need the library and a form for the MQTT broker), every time moOde performed an action like Vol up/down, next track, track name, stop, end PL, etc it could send the message to the broker and from there the sky is the limit.

Lookup singer.
Do some thing funky with an LED strip.
Lower the lights.
Start the the roomba.
Open the blinds.

You can disable the local renderer , but only if you never use it. Basically it will do this if you have started BubbleUnpn and it cannot see your Moode player, will also do it if you restart your Moode player.

Another workaround would be to use logitechmediaserver, enabke its tidal plugin and enable the squeezerenderer in moode. The sound is fine, but the user interface might not be too comfortable.

Well sure, if u install something thats not included in moOde then of course altering the configs is usually necessary. I was referring to the configs that are managed by moOde.

Btw, moOde doesn't include Spotify Connect due to the 100% initial volume issue, but it looks like some devs have begun to work on librespot again so hopefully this will be fixed.

-Tim

They have fixed the 100% initial volume. It’s 50% now. They had some talks around that you could configure the initial (fallback) volume in the config file. Can’t find anything about it now.

There's also Tasmota, ESPurna and ESPEasy FW for ESP8266 based devices (WiFi switches). The only missing link is MoOde calling an endpoint or script when it's status changes... so any help on this would be awesome.

Try turning on the Metadata file and LCD update engine in System config. The metadata file is updated with UI and playback state information and the LCD update engine automatically executes a user written Python script when the metadata file changes.

Your Python script doesn't have to update an LCD, it can do whatever you want it to do based on information in the metadata file.

-Tim

Hello Folks,

does anybody experience also a crashed Moodeaudio when entering (apperently wrong) NAS informations? I try to connect to my NAS using this host address and mount path:

host: //internetbox-nas/
mount path: Backup/HDMusic/

After doing this, MoodeAudio does nothing, the webUI says "waiting for moode.local..." and I can´t to anything. The MPD seems to work, still. I can go back to the main screen, pause and play the player, but the moment I try to enter again the configuration menue, for example "System", my browser waits, and waits... nothing happenes...
Eventually, after one night the UI becomes again responsive.

Please note: I use a fresh moodeaudio (actually my first intallation after version 3). Funny thing is I had the same problem with moodeaudio in version 3, thats why I switched back to Volumio. Anybody any idea?

The last lines in the logfile (var/log/moode.log) looks like this:
20180212 181657 waitWorker(): Wait (400)

edit: actually I cannot do much here: the moment I change settings Moodeaudio becames unresponsive. Is it that slow? I just changes the Airplay Metadata display option and boom - same behavior as described above.

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

does anybody experience also a crashed Moodeaudio when entering (apperently wrong) NAS informations? I try to connect to my NAS using this host address and mount path:

host: //internetbox-nas/
mount path: Backup/HDMusic/

After doing this, MoodeAudio does nothing, the webUI says "waiting for moode.local..." and I can´t to anything. The MPD seems to work, still. I can go back to the main screen, pause and play the player, but the moment I try to enter again the configuration menue, for example "System", my browser waits, and waits... nothing happenes...
Eventually, after one night the UI becomes again responsive.

Please note: I use a fresh moodeaudio (actually my first intallation after version 3). Funny thing is I had the same problem with moodeaudio in version 3, thats why I switched back to Volumio. Anybody any idea?

The last lines in the logfile (var/log/moode.log) looks like this:
20180212 181657 waitWorker(): Wait (400)

edit: actually I cannot do much here: the moment I change settings Moodeaudio becames unresponsive. Is it that slow? I just changes the Airplay Metadata display option and boom - same behavior as described above.

Remove slashes from host or just use ip address instead.

Improved input validation for the NAS config screen is coming in 4.1 update.

-Tim

Remove slashes from host or just use ip address instead.

Improved input validation for the NAS config screen is coming in 4.1 update.

-Tim

Hello Tim,

I actually managed to delete the source. Still, if I perform any kind of changes in the settings the UI becomes unresponsive and I can only get it back runing by ssh´ing into the Pi and manually rebooting him.

May I ask, without being rude, is Moode-Audio recommanded to be used by "non-IT" persons? Especially cause the way how to install it became so complicated. I´m just a curiose person who tries out different things - and as I´m a music fan - thats why I tried MoodeAudio in the first place. But would you recommand using this software for somebody who tries to find a nice and simple way to play his music? I used Volumio for quite some time, but I use Tidal and I read that Moode can handle this topic - thats the reason why I tried it out

Hello Tim,

I actually managed to delete the source. Still, if I perform any kind of changes in the settings the UI becomes unresponsive and I can only get it back runing by ssh´ing into the Pi and manually rebooting him.

May I ask, without being rude, is Moode-Audio recommanded to be used by "non-IT" persons? Especially cause the way how to install it became so complicated. I´m just a curiose person who tries out different things - and as I´m a music fan - thats why I tried MoodeAudio in the first place. But would you recommand using this software for somebody who tries to find a nice and simple way to play his music? I used Volumio for quite some time, but I use Tidal and I read that Moode can handle this topic - thats the reason why I tried it out

Did you build moOde using the Automated Image Builder?

-Tim

Did you build moOde using the Automated Image Builder?

-Tim

Yes, I did, using Raspbian Stretch Lite 2017-11-29 image from the official website raspberrypi.org/.

Is this new way of installing MoodeAudio some kind of "obstacle" to make this software more available for advanced users? Or is there an easy explanation why to use the official Stretch Image and a fairly poor list of instructions? Again, this is not supposed to be rude - I´m always happy to try new things and sometimes things don´t work out as expected.

You can record your voice turning off the amp and add it at the end of the play list... Might just work! Lol

Thanks.
I think I can handle the relay/HW and RPi call to it, I just need the trigger from MoOde.

My MoOde experience started last night, but if it could call an endpoint with it's status I could handle the rest.

I currently use a WiFi switch (so I can get Alexa to turn it off WeMo), I also have a IR relay switch I can use... there are RPi relay boards (Raspberry Pi Relay Board v1.0 - Boards for Raspberry pi - Seeed Studio) and there are sample RPi projects controlling WeMo (Raspberry Pi WEMO Control Center: 8 Steps).

Yes, I did, using Raspbian Stretch Lite 2017-11-29 image from the official website raspberrypi.org/.

Is this new way of installing MoodeAudio some kind of "obstacle" to make this software more available for advanced users? Or is there an easy explanation why to use the official Stretch Image and a fairly poor list of instructions? Again, this is not supposed to be rude - I´m always happy to try new things and sometimes things don´t work out as expected.

@Mr190E

This topic has been discussed more than once up-thread.

moOde depends on a number of software packages which are licensed in various ways. Having each of us build our own moOde is the most straight-forward way to stay true to all the licensing requirements.

This is not a trivial point; while some developers choose to ignore the requirements of these licenses, the consequences of being in violation of a software license can be severe if the licensor chooses to pursue the matter. On the other hand, it is onerous for a developer to abide by all the different licenses of the incorporated software packages. See for example the license compliance checklist the libav folks provide (Libav) and, of course, read the licenses themselves.

Lots of folks ranging from newbies to experts have reported success with the automated builder script. It continues to be improved and there is ongoing discussion in this thread about ways moOde documentation in general can be enhanced.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent