Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Leaving a note just in case.... is there an upcoming i2s driver for ES9038Q2M ?.
I have been searching, though I think the chip is just too new so no joy yet.
I have tried all the usual options for moode but none of them fire up the 'lock' indicator and so no output.

Seems to be the same for a Voluminous user...

ES9038 I2S driver, DoP : DACs - Volumio

Hi Bob,

The manufacturer of the audio device is responsible for getting its driver accepted into mainline Linux Kernel, ideally before they start selling the device. Some manufacturers don't do this.

Your question should really be directed to the device manufacturer.

-Tim

Hi Tim, Build went well...Great instructions !

I am assuming that the final 'additional components' can be left out if I'm not likely to use them.... and can be added later, if I do need them, using that part of the build recipe...??

Hi Bob,

Yes the additional components are not required but they will still appear in the UI. I may add some logic to hide features from the UI if their corresponding binaries are not present.

-Tim

Hmmm.

I downloaded moOde 4 beta and then ?
Where is the recipe ?
I found in this forum, that the recipe is under sources and the name of the recipe is not recipe, but i have to klick on "moOde 4 beta 6 Build" to get the recipe.

Maybe it will be easier to put the direct link for the recipe on the moOde frontpage ?

Tim, why it is not possible to create an installation script, which is doing exactly the same, as the recipe ? The user has to start start the script (after reading GPL) instead of doing the recipe ?

Or after booting Pi with downloaded image there will be a possibilty to reach Pi with the webbrowser and start the installation script with one click (after reading GPL or whatever), if the user has to start it, because You are not allowed to distribute complete images.

Anyway Tim, thanks for Your great work and hope for the good future of moOde. :)

Hi,

I could still offer pre-made distribution images but the administrative workload for properly maintaining this distro is to too much for me. The Build Recipe is available so anyone that has the time and expertise to properly maintain a distro could certainly do so and offer pre-made images.

If another distro for example DietPi successfully integrates moOde then you will have another avenue for pre-made images.

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Do you think that in a future version of Moode it will be possible to create some "playback rulesets"?
I mean create a play rule based on the encoding of the music files.
for example if file is 16/44 play it without sox and if file is dsd play it with sox resampling 32/352.
sox/not sox, dop/pcm, equalizer or not, and these kind of settings?

thank you

Hi Tim,
Do you think that in a future version of Moode it will be possible to create some "playback rulesets"?
I mean create a play rule based on the encoding of the music files.
for example if file is 16/44 play it without sox and if file is dsd play it with sox resampling 32/352.
sox/not sox, dop/pcm, equalizer or not, and these kind of settings?

thank you

Hi Terry,

Similar requests have come up, and it would be a great feature for sure :)

The main challenge is that when MPD plays through a Playlist, it does not offer a "before play" event hook. This hook would be necessary in order to be able to check the files's sample rate and adjust resampling, EQ etc, before it starts playing.

The other challenge is that MPD would need to be restarted to pick up sample rate and other changes. This would create a slight delay before playback begins.

-Tim

Hi Tim. I followed every step of the recipe to the end of step 9 witout any apparent errors.After rebooting the system runs through the whole boot-up sequence right to where the logon credentials are required and then the screen goes blank very quickly. Before you have time to logon. From there it is totally unresponsive. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Hi Terry,

Similar requests have come up, and it would be a great feature for sure :)

The main challenge is that when MPD plays through a Playlist, it does not offer a "before play" event hook. This hook would be necessary in order to be able to check the files's sample rate and adjust resampling, EQ etc, before it starts playing.

The other challenge is that MPD would need to be restarted to pick up sample rate and other changes. This would create a slight delay before playback begins.

-Tim

I understand the difficulty if no event hook exists...
Concerning restarting mpd, I don't think it is a issue for majority of people as i takes 1s to restart( at least on my config).
thank you Tim for the great work and the fast evolution of Moode.

@lurkio77
password is: moodeaudio

@sinki
You find the recipe in /other/build/build_recipe_v1.0.txt

When I open the file in win10 (wordpad), all the text comes up as one amorphous lump, I.e. no line breaks. To a Linux novice like me, it is therefore difficult to determine where one command ends and the next one starts.

Should I be using a different text editor to read/format the file?

Last edited: