Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I think a great part of your problem is that you have a very complex 'non-standard' set up for your Pi that introduces a wide range of elements that can cause problems in use. From my own experience, these problems are often not consistent and can manifest themselves seemingly at random.

The key ones I have personally found troublesome are:
1. the PSU (is it supplying the 5.1v 2.5 amp specified by Raspberry? - 5v will not do and a lower amperage can cause problems with attached drives). I initially used a 5v wallwart I had to hand and this caused problems.

2. Interconnect from PSU to Pi - what you are using looks like a data cable and the internal wires are likely to be too thin. Check out the gauge of wire used for the approved Raspi wallwart - it is much heavier gauge than the average eBay data interconnect.

3. Are you sure the Moode OS file you downloaded was free of corruption after you flashed it? (I have had a range of problems caused by poor copies using WinDiskimager - I now use Etcher)

4. Did you try mapping the network drive using Samba as suggested earlier and by Kit1cat in the post above? - if you did you haven't reported back. Accessing via IP as you were doing can cause permission errors.

Best trouble-shoot all options before simply blaming the software for your woes. I have done that in the past and learnt the hard way that this is rarely the case - particularly if very few other users are getting the kind of errors you are experiencing.

I get that my setup is not standard, PSU is more than capable I have 2.5amp delivery on each usb port, cable delivery also did test with usb load tester all interconnects and most importantly all this setup works with volumio or runeaudio.
Did at least 3 images ,as stated earlier, with exactly same result.
I am here because I did eliminate everything else.

Last edited:
Well, I can't even see my Pi/sd card/usb drive on my PC WiFi network, let alone copy files to my usb drive. I use a wifi extender and according to my router network map my network ends there. No problem controlling moode from my web browser on the PC or from my ipad. When I need to update my usb drive I just plug it into the PC. I would be interested to know why it's not showing up on my network.

Maybe your PC or router blocking SMB Protocol (ransomware protection)

I get that my setup is not standard, PSU is more than capable I have 2.5amp delivery on each usb port, cable delivery also did test with usb load tester all interconnects and most importantly all this setup works with volumio or runeaudio.

Did you check voltage on USB port ? USB R-pi drop 0.2 - 0.3 V from 5V supply
Did you check if USB properly mounted (using terminal/putty) ?

Did you check voltage on USB port ? USB R-pi drop 0.2 - 0.3 V from 5V supply
Did you check if USB properly mounted (using terminal/putty) ?

Power is fine, have a device which sits in between usb power delivery and tells me voltage / amps; can spot issues this way and that tool was checked against a true rms multimeter so trust the results.
I think is mounted as i get the share is in use, maybe I am checking it wrong.

Thanks,

Power is fine, have a device which sits in between usb power delivery and tells me voltage / amps; can spot issues this way and that tool was checked against a true rms multimeter so trust the results.
I think is mounted as i get the share is in use, maybe I am checking it wrong.

Thanks,

Just to be sure, check using terminal/ssh using mount command or df command in shell. If you encounter not enough space, maybe your usb not mounted properly. And USB share just folder of your SD card.

Delivering 5.1v?
You didn't say...

Is the power interconnect a data cable or heavier duty?
You didn't say.

Did you try mapping your drive as a Samba share?
You didn't say

Have you tried flashing the image with different writers?
You didn't say.

If you had no problems with Volumio or Rune with that set-up why do you persist with Moode - particularly if you are convinced your problem is down to a deficiency in the Moode OS rather than your hardware?

PSU is more than capable I have 2.5amp delivery on each usb port,/QUOTE]

Delivering 5.1v?
You didn't say...

Is the power interconnect a data cable or heavier duty?
You didn't say.

Did you try mapping your drive as a Samba share?
You didn't say

Have you tried flashing the image with different writers?
You didn't say.

If you had no problems with Volumio or Rune with that set-up why do you persist with Moode - particularly if you are convinced your problem is down to a deficiency in the Moode OS rather than your hardware?

Can you go away, I don't need your input. Do you want proofs just to make yourself feel important in the conversation?
I stated the only reason to use moode es9028

Why do I GET all these "apple fan boys" type of people around here?
No one can criticise anything to do with moode is always everything else.
Is anyone from this category actually capable of giving me something useful instead of trying to find faults on everything else. I get it you do encounter a lot of stupid people not really worth your knowledge, then you shouldn't be here in the first place.

Last edited:
Maybe it easier to ask in rune or volumio forum about es9028 ?

I did do a lot of work for this, works fine only with HD files but CD quality is not working. i do have picoreplayer as another option but the only reason why i stick with these MPD setups is ease of building playlists, adding music on the fly etc..
I have ESS pro in my adventage receiver, which is better at music than what I am trying to build (can't really tell the difference) but AV receiver is slow at best and limited with file encoding variations.

Last edited:
I did do a lot of work for this, works fine only with HD files but CD quality is not working. i do have picoreplayer as another option but the only reason why i stick with these MPD setups is ease of building playlists, adding music on the fly etc..
I have ESS pro in my adventage receiver, which is better at music than what I am trying to build (can't really tell the difference) but AV receiver is slow at best and limited with file encoding variations.

Hi,

I've been occupied for a bit but I have a few spare moments to try and help out :)

What issue are you experiencing?

-Tim

I've been trying to get an LCD display working with moOdeAudio.

I have the code working from a raspberry (putty) shell, that can read the "currentsong.txt" file and display output on my LCD by running:
python lcdupdate.py
So the hardware works, python script seems to be working fine to find the currentsong.txt and display data.

* I have the settings for *metadata* and the *LCD update* engine turned ON.
* I have the first line set to the "shebang" and the file chmod +x on my python script
* I have the "full path" set to the python script in moOdeAudio

Nothing seems to work. No output like the script is not triggering or executing.
Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm probably doing something simple "wrong" due to my relatively new exposure to the rp3 command etc.

Any clues? Do I need to change owner of the script? locate it somewhere other than \home\pi? Add a path?

Hi,

I've been occupied for a bit but I have a few spare moments to try and help out :)

What issue are you experiencing?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

My problem is simple and the second was answered.
With every image to SD I have done (standard ones) I can't copy files via network to the usb drive - which is a very important bit for the purpose of my build.
Users around here went into wires, power delivery and any other things but the obvious.
From explorer the error is not enough space to copy, tried all variations of ip samba, you name it.
The latest users actually gave some good advice as it sounds like the hdd, which is 1tb and almost free, might be seen as part of the sd card image not as itself (the sd size is as per build not expanded but itself works just fine).

I am no expert on anything but I do get results to do what I need to do, obviously for me it sounds like the SD build fails to work with my usb devices properly (tested with stand alone sticks, change of hdd wiring, you name it ) but to keep it simple a usb stick has the same problem.

Thanks,

Last edited: