Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Wondering if there is a Moode demo I can try. TBH I dont want to spend the money before having a test run.

I am currently using Volumio and I had tested runeaudio and I dont like it after 1 hour so I short demo is sufficient for my purpose.

Bigbear2003,

You won't regret the purchase at all. I tried Volumio as well and MoodeAudio offers more features and is continually being developed. The support Tim offers is second to none. Well worth the $10 and more, in my opinion.

Gary

Hi @sinski,

Update row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_eq set curve='54,67,68,67,66,66,66,60,54,72' where id='12'"

Add row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "insert into cfg_eq values ('13','Vinyl Touch+','44,68,72,68,66,66,66,53,44,72')"

Delete row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "delete from cfg_eq where id='13'"

Print rows
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select id,name,curve from cfg_eq"

When you paste the cmds just watch for the quotes being changed to back-quotes (the slanted quotes). This will cause the cmds to fail.

-Tim

THX ! :)
vinyl.jpg

I’ll second that. After James Brown, the hardest-working man in Detroit! :)

Comparing Volumio & Rune, Rune seems to use less resources and runs 8~10C cooler. Do you know how Moode fits in compare the two?

The reason I want to look for an alternative is I am using a DAC hat and my RPi3 CPU temp is 70C+ (which a heatsink on) when playing a DSD file. I am not just worried about the RPI3 but the RPI3 is actually boiling/cooking my DAC hat.

Hi @sinski,

Update row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_eq set curve='54,67,68,67,66,66,66,60,54,72' where id='12'"

Add row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "insert into cfg_eq values ('13','Vinyl Touch+','44,68,72,68,66,66,66,53,44,72')"

Delete row
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "delete from cfg_eq where id='13'"

Print rows
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select id,name,curve from cfg_eq"

When you paste the cmds just watch for the quotes being changed to back-quotes (the slanted quotes). This will cause the cmds to fail.

-Tim

Better go for adjusting kernel parameters then directly influencing the original sound using equalization. When using equalization then use PEQ (Parametric Equalisation):

- PEQ vs Graphic EQ
- Equalization (audio - Wikipedia)

Maybe for Moode version 4?

Hi,

I normally don't test with DAC+Pro but after hooking one up I'm able to repro this issue using Std kernel.

I swapped in an Allo Boss DAC which also has dual oscillators and operates in master mode like the Hifiberry board and no issues with DSD64.

None of my other DAC boards including Mamboberry, IQaudIO, Allo Piano exhibit this issue which would suggest the problem may be in Hifiberry DAC+Pro driver or board.

-Tim

I have also confirmed this with Moode 3.8.4 RT kernel and Hifiberry DAC+ Pro rev 2.4 on a Pi2. If SOX resampling is set to 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz, then the DSD64 files will replay at the correct pitch.

I set SOX to 352.8 and both DSD64 and 44.1 kHz LPCM files played at the higher (incorrect) pitch. I concur with Sinski: the DAC+ Pro is using the wrong clock when the sample rate it receives is 352.8 kHz.

I know the DAC chip will handle higher rates but Hifiberry have specified the DAC+ Pro to a maximum 192 kHz, so DSD64 may need to be decoded to PCM at something within that limit to play at correct pitch. Resampling with SOX to 176.4 is a workaround but less than ideal if you wish to preserve native sample rates for 96 k or 192 k.

Just my observations.

Richard

closed account
Joined 2007
Bigbear2003,

You won't regret the purchase at all. I tried Volumio as well and MoodeAudio offers more features and is continually being developed. The support Tim offers is second to none. Well worth the $10 and more, in my opinion.

Gary

Yes, in my opinion it is even worth more than $10, but do not tell this to Tim, he could get strange ideas.

Roberto

Cover Display with Chimney as Client on Windows

I'm using Chimney on my Windows Tablet as a remote control. This works fine, but I'm not able to figure out how to display the album art. I always get the default_image.jpg from moode. So the URL seems to work in some way. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? I'm using moode 3.8.4, for the Image URL I have "http://moode" and for the filename I have "folder.jpg". Every album-folder has a folder.jpg. If someone could point me into the right direction this would be very nice. So far I tried everything I could find in the forum.

Many Thanks in advance
duke

Transferring music to Pi/Moode Player

I am curious to see how one goes about transferring music to the Moode Player, which is headless. I have tried using "scp" from a Linux box, but it seems that the flash drive in the Pi where the music is stored is locked or read-only when running in the Moode O/S. I can remove the flash drive and install in my main linux box and copy music with no problem. I am wondering how others transfer files to the Moode Player. I am running the latest 3.8.4 on a Pi3 with 32gig flash drive.

Thanks,
Gary

I am curious to see how one goes about transferring music to the Moode Player, which is headless. I have tried using "scp" from a Linux box, but it seems that the flash drive in the Pi where the music is stored is locked or read-only when running in the Moode O/S. I can remove the flash drive and install in my main linux box and copy music with no problem. I am wondering how others transfer files to the Moode Player. I am running the latest 3.8.4 on a Pi3 with 32gig flash drive.

Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary,
I'm using a SSD in an USB case. For copying the first time, I connect the USB Drive to my main Computer and copy the files to the USB-Drive, because copying directly to the drive when it is connected to the PI (using the share on my windows box) is very, very slow. So I use that mode only when I have to transfer a very limited number of files.

Regards
dukeg

Hi Gary,
I'm using a SSD in an USB case. For copying the first time, I connect the USB Drive to my main Computer and copy the files to the USB-Drive, because copying directly to the drive when it is connected to the PI (using the share on my windows box) is very, very slow. So I use that mode only when I have to transfer a very limited number of files.

Regards
dukeg

I get in excess of 80MB/sec transferring over wifi. Get a better wifi router.

Thanks,
Gary

Moode has SMB shares already set up under //Moode.local/USB

Just copy to those

When I set a Static IP address in MoOde 3.8.4 I am unable to connect to Radio stations. ISP (UVERSE) requires use of their gateway & for my wifi I have Orbi R50. Given the Double NAT situation should it still be possible to config a static IP within MoOde?

You need to set your at&t supplied uverse router to operate in pass through mode, as per these posts: ATT Uverse - NETGEAR Communities

Google is your friend...

The other option is to set a dhcp reservation, which gives the best of both worlds

Last edited: