Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Below is the current list of confirmed bugs in moOde 3.8 that have been fixed.

Bug fixes

- FIX: Piano 2.1 sub vol R-ch not being restored correctly during startup
- FIX: Piano 2.1 driver option glb_mclk not being set correctly
- FIX: Truncation occuring when fetching size of /dev/root partition
- FIX: Updated Audio scrobbler requires new config file
- FIX: Missing symlink that provides path to cover image files

Additionally, the glb_mclk param when used with Allo Kali reclocker and Piano 2.1 may not be working correctly. Allo should be looking into this next week.

-Tim

Hallo Tim!

When will the update for 3.8 distributed?
Distribution via CHECK for software update?

Regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I usually wait a bit after a new release so I can collect and squash as many bugs as possible, then put out either a bugfix update + a new image or just a new image. Usually if there are significant operating system changes then it has to be a whole-image only release. So far though, the bugs are all in moOde code :-0

-Tim

Hi

I was able to do some changes (on Moode 3.1) in player.db table to update some Radio stations names and adresses. For this purpose I used commands like these, using info taken from here: :)
PHP:
sudo sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "update cfg_radio set station='http://uk2.internet-radio.com:8358/stream' where name='1.FM - Blues Radio';"
sudo sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "update cfg_radio set station='http://stream.radioreklama.bg:80/radio1rock128', name='BG Radio 1 Rock' where id='21';"

All is fine and this working. Now i have a bunch of BG radios (whit logos) , and some foreing station streams were updated. :cool:
But i want to put there more radios. Is there possibility to insert new rows to player.db table?
Something like this:
PHP:
sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "insert into cfg_radio (id, station, name, ???????, logo) values ('20', 'station_val','name_val','?????_val','logo_val');
But I'dont know the name used for fourth column.
I'm not shure about this, please help to me. What is the right way to insert new stations, or this isn't possible (maybe the table is locked).

Thanks in advance.
Genadi

Hi, Genadi.

I also started poking around the database back at r3.1. With r3.5 came a reorganization of the MoOde Player file system, some of it still being writeable but most of it now read-only, and also a change in the sqlite3 database.

The database is now /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db Its schema is contained in a series of CREATE TABLE statements in /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db.schema. Because of it's location in the file system, the database is writeable, as it must be for the create/edit/delete functions to work in the browser.

If you examine the schema file, you'll find the following:

Code:
CREATE TABLE cfg_radio (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, station CHAR (128), name CHAR (1
28), permalink CHAR (128), logo CHAR (128));

Note that "id" is not qualified as AUTOINCREMENT, so you have to insert each new station with its own valid id number.

If you open the database in sqlite3, you can run a SELECT * FROM cfg_radio; statement to see what's already there.

The fourth column is named "permalink". Most stations don't provide one (somafm is a big exception), so you can just leave it blank. The last column is named "logo". It can contain a URL to a logo if the station provides it (again, a shoutout to somafm) or the string "local" in which case MoOde Player looks for an appropriately named image file in the read-only directory /var/www/images/radio-logos.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

For users that have Audiophonics ES9018, 9018K2M or 9018Q2M DAC's it looks like the driver mapping I'm using for the Advanced kernels may not be the right one.

Currently, rpi-dac is used for the Std kernel and simple-es9023-audio,384k is used for the Adv kernels.

User testing and feedback suggests that the i-sabre-dac-es9023-audio,384k driver should be used for these boards in the Adv kernel. This driver is used for the Audiophonics ES9023 DAC, DAC LTE and DAC TXCO selections.

Additional feedback/testing is welcome :)

-Tim

Hi Kent
Tanks for the response. Very good and helpfull explanation. I'm new in Lnux and just learning some new Linux commands, and how to use the sqlite3 to update database, but these are my first steps.
I am very grateful for the guidance and I''l continue to teach on mooode 3.1 for now.
Yes, I use SELECT * FROM cfg_rado to view what is in the table, before making any changes to it. All the clarifications will be very useful to me for the next experiments.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Genadi

dietpi NAS folder access

I have setup Odroid C2 with DietPi installed as the NAS using Samba. I can access flac file folder with FTP protocol in /mnt/D3A9-1A6 folder from another PC.

When I try to set it up in version 3.7, I get an error. Login with "root" and p/w "dietpi", neither remote directory "/mnt/D3..." nor "mnt/D3..." work. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

Still unable to get things working with a USB interface on a pi zero w.

Files stored on the pi play for 2-3 seconds and then just stop. This seems to mess up the playlist as well (see pic after playing left right phase test and crashing 3 seconds later). During this time I can quickly look at the audio info section and see an output of 24bit 48,000khz
Screen_Shot_2017_08_05_at_8_47_46_pm.png

With airplay, an input stream comes up but no output when looking at audio info (see pic). After trying airplay once, it isn't possible to connect to airplay again without resetting airplay.
Screen_Shot_2017_08_05_at_10_30_32_pm.png

This is the same on 3.7 and 3.8.

Volumio works fine for me and running speaker-test works fine as well, so the audio interface and pi are fine.

Anyone else having problems with USB interfaces with a pi zero w?

Must admit using bash commands will be a new experience. I selected Moode based on reviews indicating no bash commands needed. If I must use bash to get the NAS and MoOde working so be it. If you have a reference site or tool to help me learn bash commands handy please post link. Cheers

ummmm....

On a windows box get PUTTY tool. Configure a session to connect to the Pi IP address.

Login to Pi.... User: pi password: raspberry
Enter a "df" command to display filesystems.
Your NAS should be listed connected to /mnt/NAS/myNAS or whatever.

Enter "cd /mnt/NAS/myNAS"

"ls" command is like DOS "DIR" comamnd. "cd" command changes diretory.

Most commands respond to "--help" parameters with basic help...

HTH

J.

I have setup Odroid C2 with DietPi installed as the NAS using Samba. I can access flac file folder with FTP protocol in /mnt/D3A9-1A6 folder from another PC.

When I try to set it up in version 3.7, I get an error. Login with "root" and p/w "dietpi", neither remote directory "/mnt/D3..." nor "mnt/D3..." work. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

@qychang

I am confused. You say you "installed as the NAS using Samba" but you tested accessing it with "FTP". These two access methods have nothing to do with each other.

Are you sure you have Samba installed, configured properly, and running? Quick test: If you open a network browser on a Windows or Linux host (or Mac, no doubt; I just don't have one) can you find the dietpi and its shares? If not, MoOde Player has no chance of finding them.

If you log into the dietpi and run the command "service --status-all" do you see the entry "[ + ] samba"? If not, it isn't running.

I just installed DietPi on an RPi (I have an old Odroid-C but can't put my hands on the cockamamie teensy barrel power cord for it just now) so I could follow along.

I suffered through the lengthy auto-initialization process and then stumbled my way through the confusing menu-based configuration process to install Samba server. I looked at its configuration file /etc/samba/smb.conf to find the directory it is configured to share by default
Code:
[dietpi]
   comment = DietPi Share
path = /mnt/dietpi_userdata

I looked at the directory /mnt/dietpi_userdata and found it has empty subdirectories named downloads, Music, Pictures, etc. Sure enough, using the network browser on my Linux laptop, I found the dietpi is sharing these directories as dietpi/downloads, dietpi/Music, etc. (Note that all of this predefined directory structure is arbitrary. What matters to Samba is the "path =" setting in smb.conf.)

My MoOde Player was happy to configure a NAS source with SMB/CIFS fileshare protocol, host IP address of this dietpi, remote directory dietpi/Music (or just dietpi), and the appropriate username/passwd.

If you get to this point, then you should be able to mount your music disk/thumbdrive/whatever somewhere in your dietpi's filesystem and configure its Samba server to share it. I just now plugged in a USB thumbdrive. DietPi detected it as /dev/sda1 but it didn't automagically mount it like many Linux systems are configured to do, so it looks like you'll have to do some typical housekeeping (you can always ask for details on the dietpi forum).

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

For users that have Audiophonics ES9018, 9018K2M or 9028Q2M DAC's it looks like the driver mapping I'm using for the Advanced kernels may not be the right one.

Currently, rpi-dac is used for the Std kernel and simple-es9023-audio,384k is used for the Adv kernels.

User testing and feedback suggests that the i-sabre-dac-es9023-audio,384k driver should be used for these boards in the Adv kernel. This driver is used for the Audiophonics ES9023 DAC, DAC LTE and DAC TXCO selections.

Additional feedback/testing is welcome :)

-Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly bump :)

-Tim

Small breakthrough last night with 3.7. I have activated sox resampling an set the output at 16/*. All files play well now in 16bits with the corresponding sampling rate. DSD 64 output is 16/352.8 and dsd 128 output is 16/384 which seems to be correct. Sounds good without glitches or noise.

If I select 24/* resampling, I get a click every second or so.
The bottom line is that with 3.7 I cannot get my DAC to play nice with 24 bit depth stream.

The behaviour is the same regardless kernels or mpd scheduler setting. Wish I could make 3.7 play nice with my dac but I guess they just don't like each other.

Wall, it seem it works just as good with 32/* sox resampling. 24 bit depth is the only output that has issues with my dac ...

I find that when I want to connect to Moode via Bubble UPnP I have to toggle UPnP off and back on again in Moode before my tablet finds the connection. I'm using 3.8 but this happened also with earlier versions. Just a minor issue, and I haven't seen it reported by others, but I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done about it?

@qychang

If you log into the dietpi and run the command "service --status-all" do you see the entry "[ + ] samba"? If not, it isn't running.

I just installed DietPi on an RPi (I have an old Odroid-C but can't put my hands on the cockamamie teensy barrel power cord for it just now) so I could follow along.

I suffered through the lengthy auto-initialization process and then stumbled my way through the confusing menu-based configuration process to install Samba server. I looked at its configuration file /etc/samba/smb.conf to find the directory it is configured to share by default
Code:
[dietpi]
   comment = DietPi Share
path = /mnt/dietpi_userdata

I looked at the directory /mnt/dietpi_userdata and found it has empty subdirectories named downloads, Music, Pictures, etc. Sure enough, using the network browser on my Linux laptop, I found the dietpi is sharing these directories as dietpi/downloads, dietpi/Music, etc. (Note that all of this predefined directory structure is arbitrary. What matters to Samba is the "path =" setting in smb.conf.)

My MoOde Player was happy to configure a NAS source with SMB/CIFS fileshare protocol, host IP address of this dietpi, remote directory dietpi/Music (or just dietpi), and the appropriate username/passwd.

If you get to this point, then you should be able to mount your music disk/thumbdrive/whatever somewhere in your dietpi's filesystem and configure its Samba server to share it.

Kent

First Kent, thanks very much for your helpful discussion, I got it all working.

key was to modify smb.conf to the mounted USB stick. (in my case to /mnt/D3A9-1A6C). Next for the Moode NAS configuration to remote directory of just "dietpi" (not /mnt/D3...). Now working even after rebooting of the Odroid C2 with dietpi running. Thanks again.