Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Small issuette..

After buggering up my install (with issues around nginx) I downloaded 3.7 and reloaded the image.

When I came to configure the sources I used the same source name I always have which is

XXXXXNAS

which is the name of my NAS box. Now everytime I try and save the source if complains about NAS/Mount etc cannot be in the source name. Not a show stopper but it did take a few mins to sink through the grey matter.

try ip instead of XXXXXNAS ?

Radio Stream Static and HDD

Nearly all of the streams in Moode play as very loud static with the actual station in the background. I know the streams themselves work bc i am able to copy the URL from the setup and play it in other browsers. But when played as provided in Moode, they end up as static. A couple her and there will play correctly, so it cant be anything to significant.

Also, I have a HDD attached to the Pi. It was recognized and worked fine for a bit. Not it does not appear even if i refresh. Is there a way of mounting the drive through the terminal to force it to mount?

Thanks,
Mike

Nearly all of the streams in Moode play as very loud static with the actual station in the background. I know the streams themselves work bc i am able to copy the URL from the setup and play it in other browsers. But when played as provided in Moode, they end up as static. A couple her and there will play correctly, so it cant be anything to significant.

Also, I have a HDD attached to the Pi. It was recognized and worked fine for a bit. Not it does not appear even if i refresh. Is there a way of mounting the drive through the terminal to force it to mount?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Provide some details:

PI model
DAC
Moode settings (System info)

-Tim

Allo Kali + Pian0 2.1

Hi,

i installed moode, and i have the Allo Kali and Piano 2.1, done the Manual to install and Setup.

Can u help me, i get no Sound. what are the Driver and kernel requirements for the piano 2.1 + kali?

i use a rpi 2...

what informations are Need to help me?
thx, i hope there are users who can help me...plse

Hey Tim! Thanks as always for all the support.

Finally got my new DAC after he last one burned out and I am testing everything again.

I have an issue with airplay. In v3.6 it seemed to work. If i changed sample rates, it faltered, but upon resetting to 16/44.1 everything was working.

Not I cannot get any iOS device to see the airplay on Moode. As far a so i can tell, everything else is working. Using Advanced LL kernel if it makes any difference.

I did turn off the pi3 wireless and Bluetooth, and have it connected via Ethernet. Will that make any difference?

Thanks,
Rafa.

Hi,

I'm new to Moode Audio, just installed and all works pretty well out of the box. Cool!

Just a little issue: my USB hard disk is not dedicated to music and is full of other documents and subfolders which make update MDB taking lot of time.

Is there a way to force the USB HD mount from a specific folder (called "Music")?

Anybody expert in this matter who can assist me?

Thanks,

Stefano

Hey Tim! Thanks as always for all the support.

Finally got my new DAC after he last one burned out and I am testing everything again.

I have an issue with airplay. In v3.6 it seemed to work. If i changed sample rates, it faltered, but upon resetting to 16/44.1 everything was working.

Not I cannot get any iOS device to see the airplay on Moode. As far a so i can tell, everything else is working. Using Advanced LL kernel if it makes any difference.

I did turn off the pi3 wireless and Bluetooth, and have it connected via Ethernet. Will that make any difference?

Thanks,
Rafa.

Hi Rafa,

Quick Airplay test on my end with LL kernel and no issues. The type of kernel won't affect Airplay service discovery.

Airplay service discovery uses multicast so maybe Router or client(s) need to be rebooted.

-Tim

moode audio info and problem

Good morning,
I have a raspberry pi3 with moode 3.6.
I use a Nad d1050 (cs4398 chip) usb dac.
The dac works very well and is recognized, but is not listed in a usb device list. I set a volume disabled (100% volume)

First problem: in a info page, the output stream is fixed a 32 bit even when play a 16/44,1 file.
Is curious because my Nad support max a 24 bit file.

Second problem: I use moode for play a flac with .cue file. If in a cue file (in FILE string) is present a non convenzional character (ex. ê, ü, ç) the file is not open.

Thanks

I am sorry for question that was maybe already answered.
1. Quick settings for listening youtube with RPi 2 Controled with android 7 phone. Pi is connected with cable to router phone via wifi to router.
2. Settings to use Rpi with Android 7 phone without internet connection. Want to show excellent Pi moode player to some friends but they dont have internet connection. So if it possible direct control Android to Pi and another possibility that i switch to mobile internet 3or 4G and somehow controll Pi.
Thank you Davorin

Good morning,
I have a raspberry pi3 with moode 3.6.
I use a Nad d1050 (cs4398 chip) usb dac.
The dac works very well and is recognized, but is not listed in a usb device list. I set a volume disabled (100% volume)

First problem: in a info page, the output stream is fixed a 32 bit even when play a 16/44,1 file.
Is curious because my Nad support max a 24 bit file.

Second problem: I use moode for play a flac with .cue file. If in a cue file (in FILE string) is present a non convenzional character (ex. ê, ü, ç) the file is not open.

Thanks

Hi,

Some MPD codecs output only 32 bit. Your DAC must truncate 32 to 24 bits. What audio format is the file?

The next release of Moode will include a new MPD build that only uses ffmpeg codecs.

You could post your CUE issue on MPD Github.
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues?q=is:open+is:issue

-Tim

I am sorry for question that was maybe already answered.
1. Quick settings for listening youtube with RPi 2 Controled with android 7 phone. Pi is connected with cable to router phone via wifi to router.
2. Settings to use Rpi with Android 7 phone without internet connection. Want to show excellent Pi moode player to some friends but they dont have internet connection. So if it possible direct control Android to Pi and another possibility that i switch to mobile internet 3or 4G and somehow controll Pi.
Thank you Davorin

Hi Davorin,

Moode automatically starts in Access Point (AP) mode if a WLAN SSID has not been entered yet. Information on how to directly connect to Moode in AP mode is in the Setup Guide.

Note that Android OS does not support .local domain so you will need to use http://174.24.1.1 from your client Browser.

-Tim

Hi,

I'm new to Moode Audio, just installed and all works pretty well out of the box. Cool!

Just a little issue: my USB hard disk is not dedicated to music and is full of other documents and subfolders which make update MDB taking lot of time.

Is there a way to force the USB HD mount from a specific folder (called "Music")?

Anybody expert in this matter who can assist me?

Thanks,

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Moode auto-mounts USB drives by Disk Label to the /media directory using udisks-glue service. I'm not aware of a way to have this service mount a particular directory on the the drive.

I'd suggest using a dedicated USB drive for music and then monitoring MPD update if you suspect an issue.

tail -f /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim

2017_06_07_18.09.21.jpg

Thanks Tim.
I have update Moode a v.3,7 but remain the 32 bit problem in output stream.

It can damage my Nad?

I apologize for my English, sorry.

Best regards

Lucas