Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Pi 3 with HiFi Berry DAC+ board and metal case

Very frustrated - I cannot get the internal wifi of the Pi to work properly. In AP mode the SSID appears randomly but I have never been able to connect to it. I have resorted to using an external wifi dongle (Pi official model) but I can't get this to work either.

I'm not sure if you've read previously on the history, but this is an issue with the HiFiBerry DAC+ board. You can confirm this by removing the HiFiBerry board and you'll find your RPI wifi then works properly.

It might be easier to just select a different I2S DAC board vice all of the fiddling with an external wireless dongle.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi TimCurtis, thanks for your Moode.

I added NAS about 2TB flac, update has been completed. It has appeared full folders in NAS.
When i show Library, "library loading" has been completed, but it still no track in library.
I can only play music directly from the NAS folders, add to playback.

Please show me to do that?

Very frustrated - I cannot get the internal wifi of the Pi to work properly. In AP mode the SSID appears randomly but I have never been able to connect to it. I have resorted to using an external wifi dongle (Pi official model) but I can't get this to work either.

My questions are as follows -

1. Should be dongle be attached to a powered usb hub in view of the DAC+ board?

2. I have disabled the PI's internal wifi/BT function, so how do I configure the wifi dongle - will this be wlan(1)? I would prefer to use the auto-config file method to set up the Pi to connect to my router's wifi and bypass the need for AP mode if possible. Could you suggest suitable auto-config file settings to do this please? :confused:

Hi,

Metal case is going to block signal from integrated Pi-3 Wifi/BT adapter. Also if you are running Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and not the DAC+, the occilators (clocks) on the Pro interfere with Wifi signal.

- start with fresh moode image
- connect ethernet cable --or-- take Pi out of metal case
- boot
- if no ethernet cable then connect via AP mode
- plug in external Wifi dongle
- turn off Pi-3 Wifi/BT adapter using System config
- shutdown
- unplug ethernet cable (if one was connected)
- power up

-Tim

Hi TimCurtis, thanks for your Moode.

I added NAS about 2TB flac, update has been completed. It has appeared full folders in NAS.
When i show Library, "library loading" has been completed, but it still no track in library.
I can only play music directly from the NAS folders, add to playback.

Please show me to do that?

Hi,

It could be because:

1) The tracks aren't tagged. Library uses Genre, Artist and Album tags. If any of these tags are missing they are assigned a pseudo tag of "Unknown" which will appear in the Library.

2) The number of tracks is too large and the Library loader has bombed as a result of exceeding some internal resource (buffer, memory, php execution time, etc).

How many tracks in your collection?

-Tim

Hi,

It could be because:

1) The tracks aren't tagged. Library uses Genre, Artist and Album tags. If any of these tags are missing they are assigned a pseudo tag of "Unknown" which will appear in the Library.

2) The number of tracks is too large and the Library loader has bombed as a result of exceeding some internal resource (buffer, memory, php execution time, etc).

How many tracks in your collection?

-Tim

My collection is about 40,000 tracks. Is there any solution?

My collection is about 40,000 tracks. Is there any solution?

Assuming that you have everything tagged correct you could try the following.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I had a similar situation. I have the following directory structure on my NAS:

Code:
FLAC/
    /Artists
    /Classical
    /Collections
    /Hi-Res

If I configure the NAS Source using only the FLAC directory on the NAS the database updates but the library will never open. Insead, I created four NAS Sources:

Code:
FLAC/Artists
FLAC/Classical
FLAC/Collections
FLAC/Hi-Res

The library now opens without issue and every song is included in the library. My collection is a bit larger than yours.

Cheers, Bryce.

Assuming that you have everything tagged correct you could try the following.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I had a similar situation. I have the following directory structure on my NAS:

Code:
FLAC/
    /Artists
    /Classical
    /Collections
    /Hi-Res

If I configure the NAS Source using only the FLAC directory on the NAS the database updates but the library will never open. Insead, I created four NAS Sources:

Code:
FLAC/Artists
FLAC/Classical
FLAC/Collections
FLAC/Hi-Res

The library now opens without issue and every song is included in the library. My collection is a bit larger than yours.

Cheers, Bryce.

I will try this solution. thank you very much.

Hi,

Metal case is going to block signal from integrated Pi-3 Wifi/BT adapter. Also if you are running Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and not the DAC+, the occilators (clocks) on the Pro interfere with Wifi signal.

- start with fresh moode image
- connect ethernet cable --or-- take Pi out of metal case
- boot
- if no ethernet cable then connect via AP mode
- plug in external Wifi dongle
- turn off Pi-3 Wifi/BT adapter using System config
- shutdown
- unplug ethernet cable (if one was connected)
- power up

-Tim

Just FYI, Tim:

I looked at the pi3 wifi (when checking out the piZEROW)

The similarity of #'s stuck out to me, thought it was interesting:

Announce: piCorePlayer 3.10 - Page 57

My questions are as follows -

1. Should be dongle be attached to a powered usb hub in view of the DAC+ board?

2. I have disabled the PI's internal wifi/BT function, so how do I configure the wifi dongle - will this be wlan(1)? I would prefer to use the auto-config file method to set up the Pi to connect to my router's wifi and bypass the need for AP mode if possible. Could you suggest suitable auto-config file settings to do this please? :confused:

Internal Pi3 wifi works fine. Issues with channels related to Hifiberry DAC Pro with its built in clock, and shouldn't affect wifi or AP mode on a DAC+

I suspect your problem is this: Pi 3 with HiFi Berry DAC+ board and metal case

You've put a relatively low-powered wifi adapter inside a metal shield, thus cutting the signal by a ton of dB

I'm not sure if you've read previously on the history, but this is an issue with the HiFiBerry DAC+ board. You can confirm this by removing the HiFiBerry board and you'll find your RPI wifi then works properly.

It might be easier to just select a different I2S DAC board vice all of the fiddling with an external wireless dongle.

Cheers,

Dave.

The problem is with the DAC Pro, not the DAC+

Last edited:
Wi-fi problem with RPI Zero W

Hi,
first I want to congratulate Tom for a great Moode player.
I tried all the audio distributions and I think Moode is the best ;)

I have a RPI Zero W.
I want to use it in something like multifunctional DIY boombox.

The problem is that can't access web interface via WiFi

No problem to access the Moode interface via LAN to USB connector.
I made the WiFi configurations via cable connection.

After the reboot I tried to connect without cable but without success.
I've tried few times but the situation was the same.
There is no problem when I use LAN cable. Every time WiFi network settings looks correct but the Zero can't connect via WiFi.

Did I miss something in configuration or something other?

I have a RPI A (maybe the first model) and there I use USB Wifi dongle. I made the same configurations ant there is no problem to connect via WiFi.

Maybe the RPI Zero W is a new product and there is no drivers for the Wifi adapter in the Moode, it is possible ?

Noobie with Moodeaudio having audio problems on RPI3

Hi everyone at Moode, 1st timer be gentle.
7 weeks ago I installed and tried various streaming programs but got no audio from PC UI. Tried Volumio, piCorePlayer; Runeaudio and finally MoodeAudio. All with the same results. I reset all my equipment and upgraded every lead. (I Don't use WiFi, just Ethernet) Can you show me how I can hear the audio output from the RPI3 Moodeaudio on my PC?

Raspberry Pi 3 bundle
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro & Digi+Pro
4 TB USB HDD
16 gig Samsung Micro SD

SD Format
Win32Diskimager

PC i5 with HDMI TV monitor
16 gig ram
256 gig M2 HDD
4 TB Sata HDD
Asus Mobo

Virgin Media Cable Router 70 m/bits Connected with Ethernet cat 6 cables.

Marantz SR7011 AVR
PC connected to 'PC HDMI input' with HDMIv2 Cable (optional Digi optical and 5.1 Analogue) leads

RPI3/HiFiBerry Digi+Pro connected to 'Media Player HDMI input' with HDMIv2 also with Digi Coaxial Lead.

Hi,
first I want to congratulate Tom for a great Moode player.
I tried all the audio distributions and I think Moode is the best ;)

I have a RPI Zero W.
I want to use it in something like multifunctional DIY boombox.

The problem is that can't access web interface via WiFi

No problem to access the Moode interface via LAN to USB connector.
I made the WiFi configurations via cable connection.

After the reboot I tried to connect without cable but without success.
I've tried few times but the situation was the same.
There is no problem when I use LAN cable. Every time WiFi network settings looks correct but the Zero can't connect via WiFi.

Did I miss something in configuration or something other?

I have a RPI A (maybe the first model) and there I use USB Wifi dongle. I made the same configurations ant there is no problem to connect via WiFi.

Maybe the RPI Zero W is a new product and there is no drivers for the Wifi adapter in the Moode, it is possible ?

Hi,

The 0W not supported in Moode 3.1 but will be in upcoming Moode 3.5 release.

-Tim

Hi everyone at Moode, 1st timer be gentle.
7 weeks ago I installed and tried various streaming programs but got no audio from PC UI. Tried Volumio, piCorePlayer; Runeaudio and finally MoodeAudio. All with the same results. I reset all my equipment and upgraded every lead. (I Don't use WiFi, just Ethernet) Can you show me how I can hear the audio output from the RPI3 Moodeaudio on my PC?

Raspberry Pi 3 bundle
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro & Digi+Pro
4 TB USB HDD
16 gig Samsung Micro SD

SD Format
Win32Diskimager

PC i5 with HDMI TV monitor
16 gig ram
256 gig M2 HDD
4 TB Sata HDD
Asus Mobo

Virgin Media Cable Router 70 m/bits Connected with Ethernet cat 6 cables.

Marantz SR7011 AVR
PC connected to 'PC HDMI input' with HDMIv2 Cable (optional Digi optical and 5.1 Analogue) leads

RPI3/HiFiBerry Digi+Pro connected to 'Media Player HDMI input' with HDMIv2 also with Digi Coaxial Lead.

Hi,

Unplug HDMI cable from PI and then follow Moode Setup Guide.

-Tim