modify Pass Zen V9 as Headphone amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been listening to my amplifier for a while and I'd like to tweak it a bit.

With orthodynamic headphones I use the direct output of the amplifier and I think it's perfect. : D: D

I have configured a second output with a 100R in series but with high sensitivity headphones I can hear the floor noise.

I was thinking of adding a second resistance in series to 100 Ohm but I´m not sure if it´s right. Please, Would you recommend something?

This is the current scheme:

yhMdpG2l.png

Thanks ;)

I would like to clarify before that I am using ground as common instead of B +

I don't know if adding capacitance at the output will get better results, however it is easy to check.

About C4, I think that you mean that C3 instead of C4. Well in my amp, C3 is connected to ground through 300R. F2j has 15,6R (three 47R in parallel) in this place. I checked this before and with a low value here, the amplifier has very little power and a large offset.

I think other two options:

A) Use B+ as a return/common instead of ground although I recognize that I don't feel very comfortable with this because I didn't have good results last time (offset)

B) Use the filter section of Zen 9 although this is supposed to change transformer for another of about 20vAC.

I need to play a little with the multisim for check.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.