Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Why we should compete for anything else than sharing and learning and having fun by making nice sounding things is beyond me. Its just when so many people of different skills and outlooks blend, tension issues may arise. We should all be patient and well meant. That is all IMHO.

Everyone complaining about the moderation probably means it's balanced. There are invite-only forums out there, the one I know doesn't see a post for months at a time.

Wasn't the intent of the Tweaker's Forum exactly to encourage posts some members find offensive out of the main forums, and it failed in part because those same members couldn't leave it alone?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Actually I have a suggestion to moderators

While posting the "quote" function is inactive as long as the "edit" option is active, right

That gave me the idea
Why not inactivate the "quote" function fore certain members that abuse it to batter other members, fore a certain moderating period

If no "quote" function avaiable it would cool a heated debate, and no doubt very effectively

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its something we cannot change if not programmers and admins in the first place, its in the software. But if quote also changed automatically during the allowed edit time limit, then the answer to that quote would be irrelevant again. Real time text discussion will never match a real gathering I guess. Has its limits.

Wasn't the intent of the Tweaker's Forum exactly to encourage posts some members find offensive out of the main forums, and it failed in part because those same members couldn't leave it alone?

There was an expectation of censorship of opposing points of view in that forum - pretty much the flip side of what's being implied here. I don't think either side of that coin could work very well.

There was an expectation of censorship of opposing points of view in that forum - pretty much the flip side of what's being implied here. I don't think either side of that coin could work very well.

I don't think that was a case. There was simply an expectation that people not interested in applying tweaks would not interfere with discussion.

Not really following that andy_c. The details escape me but my recollection of the only thread in that forum in which I participated is a simple question was immediately followed by pages of abusive and dismissive taunts by the opposite membership viewpoint. Not scientific or technically founded criticisms, just infantile and embarrassing sideswipes.
None are above criticism but if the intent is to clear the regular forums of Tweaker chat for more serious business you have to admit the response was counterproductive. If the intent however is to chase disagreeable viewpoints off the board (and isn't that really the case?) it makes much more sense.
To me the current complaining about moderation is masked complaints about not enforcing the 'correct' point of view.

Cool! So when can we expect a new AD op-amp based on these principles? :D

Got an example of this? Here is one that seems pretty entertaining (which is where I got the idea).

RU Sirious? BIG avatars and lots of swears. Though I have to admit comments like U2 through Bybees and Adam Clayton is still there have their amusment value. I was speaking of another forum, best not to poke sticks in wasps nests..

Status
Not open for further replies.