Mmini regulator (sample offering)

ZD1/ZD2, there is something on the minigold website that threw me, it might just be the wording but it seemed to infer that if using the regs for high voltage the zeners had to be reversed? or am I just reading it wrongly? as soon as you can tell me that i'm done, the reg is finished except for those 2 components. or are you just saying that the sign for a high voltage zener is different and showing how to recognize the low voltage sign? the reason I asked about direction is because in the graphic you have 2 different zener markings, but both the + and - sign that it mentions designate high or low voltage are attached to the right hand side. I just found the wording confusing and wanted to check with you just in case, I know the marking you have used on the PCB, so if I just follow that and the circuit flow that is logical then i'm fine

Last edited:
ZD1/ZD2, there is something on the minigold website that threw me, it might just be the wording but it seemed to infer that if using the regs for high voltage the zeners had to be reversed? or am I just reading it wrongly? as soon as you can tell me that i'm done, the reg is finished except for those 2 components

Hi
Just follow the direction on PCB.

cheers

Coffin

RE: Dual Regulator Boards for +/-55vdc.

Without compromising the design are there alternatives for Q1 and Q2, (2SC3519-2SA1386) I can only find these locally in Farnell, ALLEGRO SANKEN|2SC3519|TRANSISTOR, NPN, TO-3P | Farnell Ireland
ALLEGRO SANKEN|2SA1386|TRANSISTOR, PNP, TO-3P | Farnell Ireland
which is very expensive. I am not sure of the validity of stock on Ebay, so I tend to stay away unless someone can vouch for the seller?
I have already in stock D44H11/D45H11 or TIP41C/TIP42C or MJE15030/MJE15031 ? will any of these be OK?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
RE: Dual Regulator Boards for +/-55vdc.

Without compromising the design are there alternatives for Q1 and Q2, (2SC3519-2SA1386) I can only find these locally in Farnell, ALLEGRO SANKEN|2SC3519|TRANSISTOR, NPN, TO-3P | Farnell Ireland
ALLEGRO SANKEN|2SA1386|TRANSISTOR, PNP, TO-3P | Farnell Ireland
which is very expensive. I am not sure of the validity of stock on Ebay, so I tend to stay away unless someone can vouch for the seller?
I have already in stock D44H11/D45H11 or TIP41C/TIP42C or MJE15030/MJE15031 ? will any of these be OK?
Thanks in advance.

Hi
If the BJTs you mentioned are similar to those spec:

Typ Gain Bandwidth ft:50MHz
Power Dissipation Pd:130W
DC Collector Current:15A
DC Current Gain hFE:above 50
Collector-to-Emitter Breakdown Voltage:160V

cheers

Coffin

Hi
If the BJTs you mentioned are similar to those spec:

Typ Gain Bandwidth ft:50MHz
Power Dissipation Pd:130W
DC Collector Current:15A
DC Current Gain hFE:above 50
Collector-to-Emitter Breakdown Voltage:160V

cheers

Coffin

None of my "in stock" bjt's are quite a match to those specs, I will place the order for the correct listed items. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I have an original Minireg using the Sanken output transistors and a Gold MiniReg using MJE15030/31. Both work very well.

This is THE BEST implementation of the WJ Superreg I have tried and my favourite reg out of the many types I have tried, including various shunt regs.