Mini PSone Projector Done! Pica Inside!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I took apart my overhead Projector. I built it for my kids Xbox - maybe 4 -5 hrs a week of play. I didn't feel the need to go crazy on the bulb.

Attachments

• pict0040.jpg
    pict0040.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,183
You know one thing I'm really surprised at is how good the image quailty is. It's pretty wicked - my kids say. The best thing about it is that it's portable and can be taken outside or to a friends house.

P.S. I really believe that coating the inside of the case black really does improve image quallity due to the fact that you don't have stray reflective light.

i'mworking on a similair projector using a 410watt 82 volt bulb, how did you drop the line voltage (110-120) to the bulb voltage (82)? I"m contemplating using a simple dimmer swith and a voltmeter to get the right voltage. just wondering how you did it and if theres another easier way.

Also was curious if heat was a big deal.

Btw, great looking pics and results.

you know what, someone just answered your question yesterday:

115V -> 82V with a rectifier and a transient voltage supressor

don't forget to tell us if you find where to buy the parts inexpansive.

Dissident75 said:
i'mworking on a similair projector using a 410watt 82 volt bulb, how did you drop the line voltage (110-120) to the bulb voltage (82)? I"m contemplating using a simple dimmer swith and a voltmeter to get the right voltage. just wondering how you did it and if theres another easier way.

Also was curious if heat was a big deal.

Btw, great looking pics and results.

Thanks for the compliments! But you guys are the ones that make things like this possible. When a ton of people get together, sharing ideas, anything is possible. Good Job Guys!

Total cost on the project was $150 and 4 days (nights only). Everything was cut with a miter saw (pain in the butt) and jig saw

Working on the schematics for the lighting (coming soon)

I used two Office Max 11 x 8.5 fresnels and a Lumenlab triplet lens.
Front Side mirrors were purchased at Surplus Shed (Awesome Place online). Everything else Ebay and Home Depot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.