• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mini A Board Run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
My Mini-As are running good :)

Here is the new SMD Mini-A layout that I am working on. It is based of the through-hole one, and accepts balanced inputs:
smd-miniA.gif

The board is just a bit smaller than the TH version, and the SMD resistors mount on both sides of the pcb. The resistor designations are the same as from the TH version:
http://www.diyamps.com/aleph/

Here is the through-hole board for comparison:
miniA.gif

--
Brian

Re: Re: Re: HAHA.

mpmarino said:

I like thru hole better too.

1) more choices and can source locally if necessary.
2) easier to work with.
c) I already have a bunch of thru hole stuff on hand
4) easier to work with:clown:

Brian's previous thru hole mini/30 boards left very little to be desired.

1st) thats Mine & Brian's Boards, i helped.
2nd) the mini a SMD can be sourced out all from digi key all parts are from digi key.
3rd smd mini a's sound better.

When i get a board made ill build a pair and pass them around any one interested in listening to a set.

The first smd Mini A's ( the ones that got all this going ) Sound better to me than the through hole one's.

BrianGT said:
My Mini-As are running good :)

Here is the new SMD Mini-A layout that I am working on. It is based of the through-hole one, and accepts balanced inputs:

Brian

If you want to have the smallest board possible you could ditch the SMD 9610s and go back to through hole, just for the 9610s, and have better heat dissapation options. But don't listen to me, I'm not currently in the market for boards.

I still envy your board deisgn skills. :worship:

mpmarino said:

Sorry man, I didn't know..nice job! I could only dream of developing a design with my current skills in this area.

I'm not in the market for boards right now either. Feel free to ignore me!

No need to ignore you.! keep posting if you have ideas please post those too :) Every ones input helps. Thus how we got this far with this design.

Jase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.